This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
#2 Software Engineer (Backend) for YC funded startup
Posted by Md Halim (@zefi)
Backed by YCombinator and part of their W20 batch, we're building a native mobile app for global users to interact and do more with their crypto assets. Decentralized Finance or DeFi is an ecosystem comprised of applications built on decentralized networks, permissionless blockchains, and peer-to-peer protocols for the facilitation of lending/borrowing or trading with financial instruments.
The core principle is to provide a new, permission less financial ecosystem without a central authority. This allows for lending and borrowing in a decentralized manner. The user acts as their own custodian, maintaining full control of their assets while granting access to financial services.
THE STACK: Our app is built on Node.js, Postgres, Redis, ElasticSearch, and our frontend is iOS and Android.
THE TEAM: Our team is growing rapidly, and you will be the 2nd full-time engineering hire which means you will have huge impact, ownership, responsibility and leadership opportunities.
We currently work with about 3 engineering contractors.
• Own the entire Node.js backend for our iOS and Android app, including but not limited to the matching algorithm.
• Build new features, bug fix and suggest projects that will improve product and infrastructure.
• Help our director of engineering build out an awesome best-in-class engineering culture!
• Make technical and product decisions based on roadmap autonomously.
• Interview full-time engineer employees.
• Mentor junior engineers.
• Dictate deployment workflow process to ensure highest level of productivity.
• Code review PRs to ensure engineers are following best practices.
• Assist with Dev Ops as needed, help lead search for Dev Ops team if needed.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
• At least 4 years experience in software/computer engineering
• Experience collaborating with other engineers to create apps with significant design and back-end engineering aspects
• Proven experience implementing and monitoring in-app analytics.
• Natural at debugging and profiling own applications.
• Experience with AWS, basic dev ops, and scaling infrastructure to support increases in users.
• Experienced in SQL and Postgres.
• Familiar and up-to-date on mobile architecture design.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline Preferred Qualifications •
Experience interviewing and building teams from the ground up.
• At least 3 years of experience developing, releasing and maintaining native iOS or Android applications. (We’d love to see your work in the App Store!)
• Deep knowledge of the iOS SDK, Swift (Android a bonus!).
• At least 2 years of experience building in Node.js
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer