This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
We at Wow Labz are always striving to look for exciting problems to solve. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small startup extend its reach, we build from our heart. We’re entrepreneurial and we love new ideas. Fun culture with a team that cares about your development and growth.
What are we looking for?
You will be a part of Wow Labz’s core development team, building new software and defining standards for our very own blockchain product. You will be involved in defining technical specifications, implementing design patterns and hands-on development. You will be writing modules that all the other developers would use, including libraries, APIs, database/ storage connections and third party integrations. Your diligence and patience to build highly-secured, scalable and high-performance solutions will be most valued.
- Understanding Rust design patterns and writing performant and maintainable code in the language
- Solving development challenges and making architectural decisions by understanding the larger picture of the project’s goals.
- Expanding your existing skill-set, and picking up on various rust dependent frameworks.
- Writing code that other developers use, including libraries, APIs and configurations.
- Building secure and high-performance networked applications.
- Paying close attention to unit-testing and security.
- Confidently communicating and collaborating with your fellow developers in a remote team environment.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 1-2 year of core Rust development experience
- 2 or more years of software development experience
- Strong understanding of macros, traits, generics and lifetimes
- Experience with Cargo, including dependency management
- Experience with frameworks like HyperWeb, Mio, Tokio, Rocket and Actix (at least two)
- Experience using the Git Version Control System (VCS)
- Experience with CI tools like Rustfmt, Clippy or Rustfix
- Experience writing Unit Tests using Rustfmt or similar
- Exposure to performance benchmarking
- Exposure to serverless products like AWS Lambda, Azure Functions, Cloudflare Workers
- Motivated by challenging projects, and you absolutely love developing with Rust.
- Developed multi-threaded software and understand the asynchronous functionalities.
If you have:
- Experience with blockchain and/or Substrate is a plus
- Experience with cloud platforms like AWS/ Azure/GCP is a plus
- Software architecture and API design knowledge is a plus
Persona of the kind of people who would be a culture fit:
- Curious and aware of the latest digital and social media trends
- Extremely self-driven and able to execute in a diligent manner
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Exceptional analytical reasoning, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills
- Team player that thrives in a collaborative environment
- You can work cross-functionally and collaborative on common goals
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Capacity to foster a healthy, stimulating work environment that frequently harnesses teamwork
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer