This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Posted by Wow Jobs
We at Wow Labz are always striving to look for exciting problems to solve. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small startup extend its reach, we build from our heart. We’re entrepreneurial and we love new ideas. Fun culture with a team that cares about your development and growth.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Data Scientist to analyze large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help improve our company’s and client’s products/ services. We will rely on you to build data products to extract valuable business insights.
In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. We also want to see a passion for machine-learning and research.
Your goal will be to help our company analyze trends to make better decisions.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes
- Undertake preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Combine models through ensemble modeling
- Cross-validating models to ensure their generalizability.
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2 Years of experience in core Data science work
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- Experience in data mining
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Demonstrable history of devising and overseeing data-centered projects.
- Knowledge of R, SQL and Python; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
- Inclination towards Mathematics and statistics to understand the algorithms at a deeper level.
- Strong OOPs concepts (python preferable)
- Hands-on experience with Flask or Django
Persona of the kind of people who would be a culture fit:
- Curious and aware of the latest digital and social media trends.
- Strong relationship-building skills.
- Exceptional analytical reasoning, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills.
- Extremely self-driven and able to execute in a diligent manner.
- Get a kick out of leading a solution towards its completion.
- Capacity to foster a healthy, stimulating work environment that frequently harnesses teamwork.
Flexible and remote working
Culture of care and growth
Fun and positive workplace
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer