Wednesday is a small team of makers. We're more than software engineers, we're product thinkers. We believe it takes a lot of craft to create worthwhile digital products. We're designers, project managers and engineers all united to build digital products that our customer's users love.
As a team, we care about each other. We think culture is not just office parties and outings it's about what Wednesday as a group collectively believes in. We invest in our team.
We're big believers in the DevOps movement. We try and automate everything.
As a team, our goal is to build software we're proud of.
- Very good understanding of object-oriented concepts.
- Should have problem-solving ability (we're not going to ask you to write the algorithm for BFS).
- Understanding of stateful and stateless APIs.
- Should understand the difference between a RESTful API and a stateful API.
- Good understanding of GraphQL. Should have built at least one production level API that supports both mutations and queries. Plus points of supporting subscriptions.
- Should have knowledge on building APIs that adhere to the GraphQL specification.
- Should have working knowledge of MySQL, caching and different data-transfer mechanisms.
- Should be able to automate builds and deployments.
- Should know how to use mocks and test frameworks.
- Good hand over Amazon web services. Also, should know how to use AppSync and DynamoDB.
- Own features, starting from technical design through completion. Coordinate with senior engineers to architect the perfect solution.
- Participate in technical discussions and help guide and mentor developers.
- Should need minimum handholding and should be able to make steady progress.
- Should be able to deploy features in an iterative fashion.
- Should understand the need for code-reviews and value them.
- Should participate in reviewing code from other team members and provide valuable feedback.
Wednesday understands that technology changes fast. Different engineers have different perspectives on architecting solutions. We believe that certain conventions need to be defined to ensure a product is built by a team that speaks the same language. For this we've written a playbook. It states the different conventions we follow when using certain frameworks.
Apart from the conventions, our playbooks talks about how we work and what you should expect when you work with us.
- Macbook Pro
- Flexible work hours
- Casual wear
- Work from home (certain days of the month)
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer