India adds 15 million to the workforce every year but it is estimated that at least 50% are unemployable because of poor English communication and cognitive skills. This has led to the creation of a workforce that is 500 million people strong of which 60% earn less than $2/day - the poverty line in many countries. This issue, wherein most of our workers are operating significantly below their potential, presents a massive macroeconomic problem for India. It could make or break our country's future - our demographic dividend could turn into a demographic disaster. At Vahan, an ex-Google/Siri/Apple team is building India's first Artificial Intelligence driven virtual assistant for blue collar workers.
We're seeking a Machine Learning (Specialist Engineer) to help us realize our mission of bridging the skills-gap in India and are backed by ex-Google, Flipkart and Babajob executives.
- Design and implement algorithms for automatic evaluation of student responses and feedback generation.
- Design and implement a conversational learning framework.
- Build adaptivity and personalization into our product.
- Passion for creating positive social impact
- 3 - 5 years of software engineering experience
- Deep AI/ML/NLP research experience with state-of-the-art techniques
- Computer Science or Engineering degree
- Strong willingness to learn new technologies and languages
- Collaborative, organized, and detail-oriented
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be located in Bangalore, India, or be willing to relocate there
Nice to haves:
- Previous startup experience
- Experience with Node.js and Python
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies
- Good eye for usability and design
- Solve a problem that will change millions of lives in a profound way
- Work alongside people who have worked at successful startups in Silicon Valley and New York
- Significant equity stake in the company
- Weekly happy hours with the team
- Monthly team hiking trips around Bangalore