This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Full-Stack Engineer @ startup solving a REAL problem
Posted by Madhav Krishna (@madhkrish)
India adds 15 million to the workforce every year but it is estimated that at least 50% are unemployable because of poor English communication and cognitive skills. This has led to the creation of a workforce that is 500 million people strong of which 60% earn less than $2/day - the poverty line in many countries. This issue, wherein most of our workers are operating significantly below their potential, presents a massive macroeconomic problem for India. It could make or break our country's future - our demographic dividend could turn into a demographic disaster. At Vahan, we're a team of ex-Siri (Apple) and ex-Google engineers & designers building India's first Artificial Intelligence driven virtual assistant for blue collar workers.
We're seeking a Full-Stack Engineer to help us realize our mission of bridging the skills-gap in India.
- Help design, architect, build and maintain our web and mobile applications
- Work on building everything from back end and database systems to user interfaces and third-party integrations
- Own features through the stages of design, implementation and iteration
- Passion for creating positive social impact
- 0-3 years of software engineering experience
- Experience developing web and/or mobile applications
- Strong willingness to learn new technologies and languages
- Computer Science or Engineering degree
- Exposure to Agile Development methodologies
- Collaborative, organized, and detail-oriented
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be located in Bangalore, India, or be willing to relocate there
Nice to haves:
- Good eye for usability and design
- Solve a problem that will change millions of lives in a profound way
- Work alongside people who have worked at successful startups in Silicon Valley and New York
- Significant equity stake in the company
- Weekly happy hours with the team
- Monthly team hiking trips around Bangalore
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer
Welcome to Hasjob!
Since 2011, Hasjob has been the place for Indian tech startups to list job opportunities. This is where startups hire before they become big and famous rocketships. All jobs on Hasjob are posted directly by founders or core team members. We do not accept listings from third-party recruiters.
Apply to a job here to join the startup scene in Bangalore, Delhi/NCR, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad or one of the many other cities.
You can browse all jobs posted in the last 30 days, but logging in is recommended to make the most of Hasjob. Your identity is safe with us.