This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Natural Language Processing (Specialist) Engineer
Posted by Madhav Krishna (@madhkrish)
India adds 15 million to the workforce every year but it is estimated that at least 50% are unemployable because of poor English communication and cognitive skills. This has led to the creation of a workforce that is 500 million people strong of which 60% earn less than $2/day - the poverty line in many countries. This issue, wherein most of our workers are operating significantly below their potential, presents a massive macroeconomic problem for India. It could make or break our country's future - our demographic dividend could turn into a demographic disaster. At Vahan, we're a team of ex-Siri (Apple) and ex-Google engineers & designers building India's first Artificial Intelligence driven virtual assistant for blue collar workers.
We're seeking a Natural Language Processing (Specialist) Engineer to help us realize our mission of bridging the skills-gap in India and are backed by ex-Google, Flipkart and Babajob executives.
- Design and implement algorithms for automatic evaluation of student responses and feedback generation.
- Design and implement a conversational learning framework.
- Build adaptivity and personalization into our product.
- Passion for creating positive social impact
- 3 - 5 years of software engineering experience
- Deep AI/ML/NLP research experience with state-of-the-art techniques
- Computer Science or Engineering degree
- Strong willingness to learn new technologies and languages
- Collaborative, organized, and detail-oriented
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be located in Bangalore, India, or be willing to relocate there
Nice to haves:
- Previous startup experience
- Experience with Node.js and Python
- Exposure to Agile development methodologies
- Good eye for usability and design
- Solve a problem that will change millions of lives in a profound way
- Work alongside people who have worked at successful startups in Silicon Valley and New York
- Significant equity stake in the company
- Weekly happy hours with the team
- Monthly team hiking trips around Bangalore
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer