India adds 15 million to the workforce every year but it is estimated that at least 50% are unemployable because of poor English communication and cognitive skills. This has led to the creation of a workforce that is 500 million people strong of which 60% earn less than $2/day - the poverty line in many countries. This issue, wherein most of our workers are operating significantly below their potential, presents a massive macroeconomic problem for India. It could make or break our country's future - our demographic dividend could turn into a demographic disaster. At Vahan, we're building India's first Artificial Intelligence driven virtual teacher for teaching skills that help enhance employability for workers and job applicants.
We're seeking a Sales Associate to help us realize our mission of bridging the skills-gap in India.
- Running the customer development & sales processes
- Lead generation (HR, L&D in Retail, Hospitality, Healthcare and BFSI)
- Understanding customer needs/challenges
- Pitching our solution and converting into pilots
- Converting pilots into paid accounts
- Business model development
- Assessing opportunities and defining experiments to test different hypothesesInteracting with other relevant stakeholders in the government, CSR etc.
- Preparing sales collateral
- 3-5 years of experience selling education technology products to corporate L&D or HR departments
- Experience developing sales strategy
- Highly self-driven and detail-oriented
- Excellent English proficiency
- Location is flexible
Nice to haves:
- Experience with a CRM system such as Salesforce
- Previous startup experience
- Solve a problem that will change millions of lives in a profound way
- Work alongside people who have worked at successful startups in Silicon Valley and New York
- Significant equity stake in the company
- Weekly happy hours with the team
- Monthly team hiking trips around Bangalore