This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Tracxn - Lead - Elasticsearch (4-10 years)
Posted by Sachin Kamkar (@sachinkamkar)
Tracxn is looking for an experienced and motivated professional to be an integral part of its Search team. The Search team is an essential part of the Technology team at Tracxn and works on solving technical challenges related to ensuring fast searchability of data with increasing scale. Our Search APIs currently handle a load of around 2 million hits per day and are rapidly scaling with the exponential increase of our data size.
As a lead, you will get hands-on experience in latest technologies and skills like Elastic Stack, Spring, Kafka, Mongo, Redis, API Design etc. and also will be responsible for leading a team of engineers. This role is ideal for you if you have a background in backend development and are looking for the next level of career growth in a fast-paced, learning based and merit-driven work environment.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in design of scalable REST web services.
- Good architectural & design skills.
- Strong coding, data structures, and algorithms.
- The ability to own end to end responsibility - right from the requirement to release.
- The ability to produce bug-free and production-grade code.
- The ability to handle and mentoring a team of 2 to 3 developers
- Understanding Elasticsearch internals. Managing & improving Elasticsearch clusters performance.
- Build & lead a great team by example.
- Develop a deep understanding of the startup ecosystem.
- Build a customer-facing technology product for global customers.
- Learn & Develop Leadership skills.
What we have to offer:
- Work with a performance oriented team driven by ownership and open to experiments.
- Learn to design system for high accuracy, efficiency, and scalability.
- No strict deadlines, focus on delivering quality work.
- Meritocracy driven, candid culture. No politics.
- Very high visibility regarding which startups and markets are exciting globally.
About Technology Team
Tracxn’s Technology team is 40+ members strong and growing. The technology team is subdivided into multiple smaller teams each of which has ownership of one or more services/components of the technology platform. Ours is a young team of motivated engineers with minimal management structure where almost everyone is actively involved in technical development and design activities. We have a team-centric culture where the ownership and responsibility of a feature or module lies with a team as compared to an individual.
- We work on an array of technologies, including but not limited to Spring, Node, Elastic Stack, MySQL, Mongo, ReactJS, Webpack, Kafka, Redis, AWS Lambda, Ansible, etc.
- As a team, we value ownership, continuous learning, consistency and discipline.
- Experience with containers and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in Infrastructure and configuration automation (Terraform, SaltStack)
- Experience with Observability systems (New Relic, Prometheus, ELK)
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP, SSH, SAML, etc.
- Systems fluency (Linux, storage, networking)