This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Web Developer (Magento) - The Integrated Penguin, Bangalore
Posted by Divya Hegde (@divyahegde)
The Integrated Penguin is a digital marketing agency based out of Bangalore, India. We craft branding, website, app and social media solutions.
Our work spans across multiple industries and countries from helping Bangalore’s oldest ice-cream parlour refurbish their website to helping a world famous cosmetic brand get online with an e-learning platform.
We’ve energized existing brands and digitally connected startups with consumers.
Develops custom, often complex WordPress-based solutions along with general PHP framework-based solutions. Aids sales staff, account managers, and others in requirements gathering, web project planning, and general technical questions. Provides leadership in finding/developing new technologies and methods to advance the company’s web offerings. Aids other developers with system design and implementation. Performs server maintenance and monitoring. Supports current client websites by providing technical support.
Experience: Work ex of MINIMUM 3 YEARS AND ABOVE ONLY. NO FRESHERS PLEASE.
Candidates must have examples of sites they developed *independently
Good Communication Skills and Team Leadership Skills are mandatory.
Key Quantifiable Indicators
Works with: Principal, brand strategists, brand managers, designers, programmers, development, account service, copywriters, SEO manager; regularly engaged in internal and client meetings to explore and confirm project scope
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of WordPress
- Knowledge of PHP frameworks (CodeIgniter, Symfony, Yii, Zend, etc) a plus. Laravel strongly desired.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML) a plus.
- Experience developing e-commerce websites (WOO-COMMERCE, MAGENTO, PRESTASHOP) IS A MUST!
- Contributing to “scope of build” conversations with development team, project managers, designers and other developers
- Integrating sliced PSD files into either WordPress or some other proven open source system (note: WordPress is our primary CMS platform); many of our builds are responsive
- Developing custom web applications that drive business processes
- Setting up e-commerce applications
- Monitoring health and uptime of servers (general server admin in a managed services environment; no in-depth configuration required)
- Collaborating with design, strategy and sales teams to find solutions for client website projects
- Contributing to support of current client websites
- Participating in on-site and off-site client meetings
- Contributing to TIP’s best practices; recommending, exploring and implementing better ways to deliver
- Growing personal and team member expertise through training, exploring and prospecting
Examples of projects the Developer will work on
- Setting up multi-site WordPress builds
- Integrating feeds from social networks
- Custom developing blogs
- Integrating with third-party APIs
- Customizing WordPress to support specific functionality
- Integrating shopping carts
- Building out responsive layouts
- Developing wireframe mockups to illustrate possible solutions
- CRM integration
- Contributing to the build and development of internal web applications to run TIP’s internal systems and processes
- Working with junior developers on specific project deliverables to assure scope, quality and timely delivery
- Developing documentation for complex systems
- Content migration
- An excellent communicator and collaborator
- Able to organize and run meetings, leaving with clear objectives and tasks
- Comfortable talking with clients (via phone, email and in person)
- Detail-oriented in context of a fast-paced environment
- Capable of hitting daily deadlines
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Pleasant, personable demeanor (face-to-face, on the phone and via email)
- Keen ability to multi-task; self-starter
- Capable planner
- A strong vocabulary
- Teachable spirit
Compensation: based on experience and skillset
***WE WON'T ENTERTAIN RECTRUITERS***
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer
Welcome to Hasjob!
Since 2011, Hasjob has been the place for Indian tech startups to list job opportunities. This is where startups hire before they become big and famous rocketships. All jobs on Hasjob are posted directly by founders or core team members. We do not accept listings from third-party recruiters.
Apply to a job here to join the startup scene in Bangalore, Delhi/NCR, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad or one of the many other cities.
You can browse all jobs posted in the last 30 days, but logging in is recommended to make the most of Hasjob. Your identity is safe with us.