InnerHour - Software Developer - Ruby on Rails
Posted by Chaithanya Padi (@ihchaitu)
InnerHour is a tech-enabled mental health platform that supports people with their mental health needs. The firm is run by a team of mental health, technology and wellness professionals. We are passionate about changing the lives of millions of people who will benefit from psychological support in all aspects of their lives.
With our self-care app, we aim to make psychological wellness more accessible and less stigmatising. We have reached over 1 million people across 100 cities, with engagement from both India and abroad. We believe in combining the latest evidence-based interventions and ideas in the field of emotional health with cutting edge technology and product design to build a stellar user experience. In addition to our B2C product, we have additional touchpoints with our 150+ therapists network across India for therapy sessions and a whole programme designed for corporate partners.
Our co-founders, Dr Amit Malik and Neha Kirpal bring the clinical, provider and user perspectives on mental and emotional health to InnerHour, along with successful entrepreneurial experience both in India and abroad. Our core team comprises alumni from IIT, IIM, Wharton, St. Xavier’s, London Business School and other top schools across the world, with significant experience in developing and delivering emotional wellness products to individual users, corporates and insurance companies.
We are looking for a backend developer who can work closely with our CTO to build and maintain our core product.
- Collaborate with engineering, design and product teams to design and ship new features. Identify and solve bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Deep knowledge of Ruby on Rails (RoR) practices and commonly used modules; deep understanding of RoR internals like databases, API, caching, proxies, web services, performance and scalability.
- Experience creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components.
- Experience in SQL and NoSQL databases in production environments. Experience working with Git, AWS/GCP.
- Proficient in ReactJs / React-Native. Ability to design interfaces for web and mobile.
- Good communication skills
- 2+ years of relevant experience as a software engineer
The role is full-time and based in Mumbai.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer