This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Carousell Group is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing classifieds marketplace platforms across Southeast Asia, Taiwan and Hong Kong. Started in August 2012, Carousell Group began in Singapore and now has a leading presence in eight markets under the brands Carousell, Mudah, Chot Tot and OneKyat, serving tens of millions of monthly active users. Carousell Group is backed by Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver and Sequoia Capital.
The Carousell marketplace has a diverse range of products across a variety of categories, including cars, lifestyle, gadgets and fashion accessories. Download the app for iOS or Android, and visit www.carousell.com for more information.
Here at Carousell, our engineering team works on a myriad of problem domains. You get to work on building the simplest buying and selling experience on our mobile applications, dive deep into our database systems that power the business, or even work on tools to empower the rest of the teams in Carousell. Every month, we organize an engineering day with different topics, ranging from product hackdays to a Swift/Kotlin/React/Golang workshop by the engineering team members to keep our minds sharp.
The test engineering team drives product and engineering quality via test frameworks, test automation infrastructure, test coaching, as well as deep product domain expertise and partnering with software engineers on test plans and test automation. Its main objective is enabling the testing efforts of the delivery teams. This includes:
- Creating or reviewing test plans
- Creating and maintaining test infrastructure
- Creating and maintaining test frameworks and
- Coaching engineers on (manual and automated) testing and quality best practices
- Building up domain knowledge as part of the delivery teams
- Understand, challenge and review backend and client code
- Automating test scenarios
We are looking for a top-notch test engineer with strong technical, analytical and communication skills, a deep passion for quality and a user-first approach to their work.
- Work with business stakeholders to identify, propose, prioritize, automate and execute test plans and test cases.
- Be hands-on in planning and running necessary tests, identifying and triaging issues and driving issues to resolution, and communicating the testing status to everyone.
- Manage and maintain the releases of our mobile apps. Help to ensure that every release happens in a timely manner with a high level of quality.
- Create and support test and release pipelines in our CI, build monitors and test reporting.
- Work closely with product managers and developers in an agile environment.
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- At least 5-8 years experience in an engineering and/or testing role
- Experience in automated testing of web & mobile applications
- Strong programming skills in a common language like Java, Go or Python
- Experience using UI automation frameworks like Selenium, Espresso, XCUITest, Appium, Robot Framework, Calabash or similar
- Experience automating API tests using tools like Postman, Rest-Assured, Karate, or similar
- Optional: Experience in contract testing using Pact or similar frameworks
- Optional: Experience in performance, security and usability testing
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer