Talking Yak is a funded Bangalore based company revolutionizing the way millions of Tamil and Hindi speakers learn English. The technology was designed and built by teachers, technologists and artists who are passionate about making English language learning accessible to everyone. Our technology is currently being used by NGOs and educational institutions across India.
We’re looking for a Senior Android developer who will take a key role in our team. He/She will be working alongside other engineers and developers, collaborating on the various layers of the infrastructure.
- Design and build advanced application features for the Android platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work with outside data sources and APIs.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Resolving/ fixing bugs and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Proven software development experience and Android skills development.
- Proven working experience in Android app development and Kotlin.
- Have published at least one original Android app.
- Experience with Android SDK.
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON.
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architecture, threading, offline data storage, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer