Synup - Senior Software Engineer - (Ruby/Python) - (3+ yrs)
Posted by Akriti Bansal
Synup is a marketing platform for local businesses.
Ever tried to find the best Sushi restaurant in town?
- We help businesses like that be found online by helping them manage their online profiles across different platforms like Google, Facebook, Apple Maps, Yelp, etc.
- We build tools for them to interact with customers better by notifying them of latest reviews, helping them respond appropriately or collect feedback.
- We provide them with analytics reports that these businesses would not have otherwise had access to.
Our customers include businesses both small like a Sushi restaurant or large like your most trusted bank.
About your role as our new Senior Software Engineer (FullStack)
As an experienced engineer we know that you have built software to solve various business problems at your previous workplaces. You may have also explored technologies on your own for your learning or hobby projects.
- You will be building APIs for the Synup platform and also UI to make our platform capabilities available to our customers.
- You and the team that you are a part of will be collectively responsible building performant software and customer experiences that scale to our next million customers.
- You will be responsible for writing technical specs and contributing to it's implementation. We expect that you would have done the same in your previous workplaces.
- Other folks on our team are looking forward to learn from your experiences.
For engineers that join our team
- We expect you to be good with Ruby or Python to build APIs.
- You will be contributing to our UI that is built with React and GraphQL.
- We hope our team members have a strong grasp of software design patterns and know when to put them to good use.
- Experience with an SQL datastore would help a lot. PostgreSQL is our primary datastore.
- We optimize our search functionality and rollup reports by using ElasticSearch
- We expect that you have used Redis. Redis is our swiss army knife to solve a lot of problems apart from just caching.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer