This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Backend (Java) Engineer
Posted by Dixita
SuperTokens builds open-source user authentication. For developers building apps that want users to be able to sign up for the app, they have to build the signup page and other user authentication functionality. SuperTokens offers that out of the box. We enable developers to focus on their core product and integrate user authentication in under 1 hour.
SuperTokens is being used by 1000+ developers across the globe and we are working with some of the world's largest companies.
We're growing 30-40% MoM on adoption metrics and are in the early stages of monetization. This is the perfect time to join and get some equity in our company.
We are looking for a Java engineer to work on the SuperTokens core repository (8K Github stars and growing)
As a Java Engineer at SuperTokens, you will play a critical role in developing and maintaining the core infrastructure of SuperToken and Solutions. This includes working on the microservice which serves as the heart of the stack. Your role will require you to take ownership of your work and be driven to continuously improve and optimize the system. Attention to detail is crucial, as we strive for excellence in all aspects of our work. We also value good ethics, and expect our developers to conduct themselves with integrity and professionalism at all times. Join our team and be part of a dynamic and innovative company that is revolutionizing the world of online security.
Working on an open-source project with 8K Github stars can be a great opportunity to gain experience, build a portfolio, and contribute to the development of an exciting project that is used by developers worldwide.
- Take full ownership of the Java core, including development, implementation, and maintenance.
- Develop and maintain high-quality, scalable, and secure DB schemas.
- Ensure the Java core is well-tested through the use of appropriate unit testing frameworks and practices.
- Continuously improve the maintainability of the Java core by keeping the codebase clean, modular, and well-documented.
- Collaborate with other developers, QA engineers, and product managers to ensure the successful delivery of features and enhancements on schedule.
- Monitor and maintain the overall health of the Java core, including performance, reliability, and security.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest industry trends, best practices, and technologies related to Java development, and apply them where appropriate to improve the project's overall quality and effectiveness.
- Take initiative and ownership of assigned tasks, and demonstrate a high level of accountability for their successful completion.
- 4+ years of Java development experience.
- Excellent understanding of databases, including querying, transactions, and reasoning about multi-threading.
- Experience in API design.
- Proficiency in writing unit tests in Java.
- Experience with Docker and bash.
- contributed to open-source projects or have your own open-source repo with a growing community and many GitHub stars.
- worked on authentication or authorization solutions such as Keycloak, Auth0, Ory, or Okta.
As a Java Engineer on our team, you will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge authentication solutions and contribute to open-source projects. We offer a dynamic and challenging work environment, the latest technologies, and opportunities for career growth. If you meet the requirements and qualifications outlined above and are passionate about developing high-quality code, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity!
Why join us :
Remote work and flexible timings.
Network: We are backed by Y Combinator. Have access to some of the best and smartest founders in the world.
Career: Growth, Promotions, market compensation, and frequent increases in compensation.
Our market is large: Opportunity to scale to over $1B in ARR.
Universally used: From Individual developers building side projects to enterprises that have raised over $100M raised, we have users of all sizes.
SuperTokens is open source - this has multiple learnings, opportunities, and challenges
Our product is interesting in that it's not another mobile or web app. It will form a core infrastructure layer for our users.
In terms of funding: We've closed our seed round from a top-tier US VC firm that specializes in early-stage devtools and was over-subscribed.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer