This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
About the Company:
StoreBuilder helps customers manage their inventory across thousands of products in their online store. StoreBuilder's software helps hundreds of customers on Shopify get a handle on their inventory so they can plan ahead effectively. We are a successful and profitable SAAS business operating since 2013.
About the Team:
We are a team of 5 based in Goa & California: CEO, CTO, UI Developer, Customer Success, Marketing. CEO is a Masters in Computer Science from the U.S with 18 years of industry & startup experience. CTO is a PhD in Computer Science from the U.S with 18 years of industry & Silicon Valley experience. We are now building the next generation of inventory planning software and are looking to build out our team.
We want a techie at heart. Someone who is happy and curious to work on all aspects of software development.
Reporting directly to the CTO, you will be responsible for feature development, production support and continuously optimising our tech stack.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer with atleast 4-5 years of experience in a startup or product environment. Ideally you have been involved in all aspects of software development from requirements gathering to design, development, deployment and post-release maintenance. We are looking for all-round technical maturity.
- Our tech stack is Groovy on Grails so you should have a desire to learn and code in Groovy & Grails. (Groovy is built on top of Java. Grails is built on top of Spring. Groovy & Grails are designed to be simpler and elegant compared to Java & Spring)
- Java or Groovy
- Grails or SpringBoot
- Experience integrating with external APIs
- Good applied understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- Anticipate how code will perform under production conditions
- Understand the performance characteristics of commonly used data structures (maps, lists etc).
- (Optional) Experience with UI frameworks like : AngularJS/React is a Plus but not a requirement as this is a backend position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build out features across the stack : backend, API integration, database optimization , microservices, plugins, queues etc
- Fix bugs and write automated tests
- Maintain and upgrade our Tech Stack
- Migrate key components to newer technologies safely
- Monitor Production System health
- Production Support outside of office hours - shared with other tech team members.
- Your chance to relocate to beautiful Goa at market salary
- Early Employee benefit : Work directly with the Founders
- Flexible work schedule - except for check-ins, you work during the time most productive to you.
- Reimbursement for continuous learning resources.
- Work on an exciting and high-growth domain – Ecommerce
- If you are shortlisted, we will schedule a 30-minute Non-Technical interview to discuss any deal-breakers, salary expectations, notice period etc.
- If we are a good match for each other, we will move on to a 1-hour Technical interview.
- For the final round, there will be a take-home technical challenge that you can complete in 1-2 weeks on your own schedule.
- The last step will be salary negotiation based on your interview performance and experience.
Please apply if :
- You write clean code and tests.
- You understand the impact of your code on production server and database performance.
- You have actual work experience in advanced concepts like parallel processing, database transactions, performance tuning, protocols & architecture of the web etc.
- You have empathy for end-users while writing code
- You love learning new technology and don’t hesitate to take ownership of any part of the tech stack – from server to UI to database to APIs.
- You are an expert in fixing bugs both in software and the runtime infrastructure.
- You automate everything you can
- Honest & Reliable – deliver on your promises
- Communicates clearly & confidently
- Positive Attitude
- Figures out a way instead of giving up quickly
- Methodical approach to solving problems
- Excited to learn new technologies & grow as a technical person
- Works Independently but also works well with the Team
- Takes initiative instead of waiting for instructions
Note on COVID impact:
Due to the ongoing COVID crisis, you will be working remotely and not from an office space. But there will be regular video check-ins and when possible in-person meets as well. When this crisis passes, we will resume working from a co-working space in Panjim, Goa. If you want to stay remote and don't want to relocate, we are fine with that.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer