Senior Android Application Developer (Remote work)
Posted by Rajashekar Nallu (@nal)
We're an India-based startup looking for a self-motivated Android Software Developer to build a social media based platform on smart phone & corresponding web application.
• Design and build out a highly efficient Android smart-phone cloud-based platform that can support collaboration and messaging.
• Ability to work as a single individual, and coordinate & direct others as required
• Scope work, break down into modules, and estimate efforts working closely with management.
• Fully responsible for mobile app and web development in the team
• Build and publish applications in app stores
• Implement new technologies to maximize application performance
Education and Experience
• Hands on experience in the full life cycle of Android application and web platform development
• Android (Native Android) software development experience.
• Experience with Java, Android UI and service development.
• Experience with cross-platform development resources like Xamarin, Cordova, NativeScript, Kony, Codename One etc.
• Experience in designing scalable & secure software platforms.
• Knowledge of API management concepts & fundamentals.
• Experience with Agile software development preferred.
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
• Ability to quickly grasp and learn new technologies and develop POC/prototypes.
• Demonstrated work experience with Web services, Cloud and API technologies.
• Excellent communications skills.
• Ability to drive and own technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform applications.
Good To Have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
• Experience in Payment gateway integration in mobile apps is a plus
• A portfolio of iOS/Android apps in the Play Store/app store is a plus
• Hands on experience with Android Studio / Gradle build system
• Git & Gerrit
• UI & UX experience
• Locations and Map API's
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer