This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Sqrrl Fintech is looking for a competent, motivated backend engineer to join its team in Gurgaon.
Sqrrl is India's most beginner-friendly savings and investments app, available in 9 Indian languages, currently allowing young investors to start investing in Mutual Funds.
Here are the key requirements for this position:
- Strong Python skills, with experience of at least one web framework (e.g. Flask)
- A native Python 3 developer, or willing to learn and migrate from Python 2 → 3
- Experience of using an RDBMS (e.g, Postgres) and some ORM (e.g, Sqlalchemy) for interacting with the database
- Strong web development concepts - including RESTful API patterns, 12-factor apps
- Familiar with the tools and processes of shipping production-ready code in teams - virtualenv, source control (git), automated testing and deployment, code reviews etc.
- Comfortable in libraries/tools commonly used in python web development - requests, redis, celery.
- Stomach for an early-stage startup environment - high speed iterations, small teams, ownership of flows, fluid product roadmaps. While we do not encourage 16-hour shifts or night-outs like a lot of startups, sometimes we need to urgently get things done, and may not pat you on the back for it.
- Overall anything between 2-4 years of actual work experience.
- Optimising learning over earning (if you like to switch for pay hikes frequently, please do not apply)
Here are some bonus (optional) requirements:
- Interest and/or understanding of basic investment concepts, how financial products work.
- Belonging to an under-represented group (e.g, women)
- Can mentor juniors/interns to improve overall skill-sets in the team.
- Experience in cross-functional roles - like adding technology to automate operations or help marketing teams.
About Sqrrl Fintech
Sqrrl Fintech is an early stage startup, started in 2016 for making simple, smart investing available to young Indians.
The core technical team is five people strong working across Android, iOS, web and backend - each with an experience ranging from 0 - 12 years.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer
Welcome to Hasjob!
Since 2011, Hasjob has been the place for Indian tech startups to list job opportunities. This is where startups hire before they become big and famous rocketships. All jobs on Hasjob are posted directly by founders or core team members. We do not accept listings from third-party recruiters.
Apply to a job here to join the startup scene in Bangalore, Delhi/NCR, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad or one of the many other cities.
You can browse all jobs posted in the last 30 days, but logging in is recommended to make the most of Hasjob. Your identity is safe with us.