Sqrrl Fintech is looking for a competent, motivated backend engineer to join its team in Gurgaon.
Sqrrl is India's most beginner-friendly savings and investments app, available in 9 Indian languages, currently allowing young investors to start investing in Mutual Funds.
Here are the key requirements for this position:
- Strong Python skills, with experience of at least one web framework (e.g. Flask)
- A native Python 3 developer, or willing to learn and migrate from Python 2 → 3
- Experience of using an RDBMS (e.g, Postgres) and some ORM (e.g, Sqlalchemy) for interacting with the database
- Strong web development concepts - including RESTful API patterns, 12-factor apps
- Familiar with the tools and processes of shipping production-ready code in teams - virtualenv, source control (git), automated testing and deployment, code reviews etc.
- Comfortable in libraries/tools commonly used in python web development - requests, redis, celery.
- Stomach for an early-stage startup environment - high speed iterations, small teams, ownership of flows, fluid product roadmaps. While we do not encourage 16-hour shifts or night-outs like a lot of startups, sometimes we need to urgently get things done, and may not pat you on the back for it.
- Overall anything between 2-4 years of actual work experience.
- Optimising learning over earning (if you like to switch for pay hikes frequently, please do not apply)
Here are some bonus (optional) requirements:
- Interest and/or understanding of basic investment concepts, how financial products work.
- Belonging to an under-represented group (e.g, women)
- Can mentor juniors/interns to improve overall skill-sets in the team.
- Experience in cross-functional roles - like adding technology to automate operations or help marketing teams.
About Sqrrl Fintech
Sqrrl Fintech is an early stage startup, started in 2016 for making simple, smart investing available to young Indians.
The core technical team is five people strong working across Android, iOS, web and backend - each with an experience ranging from 0 - 12 years.