Software Engineer/Senior Engineer - Java Programming
Posted by Rizul Mehta (@rizulmehta)
Where do you come into the picture?
You will come in as a team member of our constantly growing tech team.
As a software engineer you will be working with corporates, businesses and banks, oriented product by improving product features based on client needs.
You will need to be collaborative as a team member and always be willing to share the knowledge with colleagues.
You- re unafraid to ask for help if needed because we have many bright minds here.
You take our applications, platform & products to next level of scalability by writing clean, simple, and maintainable code - you will be actively mentoring and reviewing young tech talent in our teams to do so too!
Curiosity and constant learning are a mainstay of your personal code!
Also, You won't be working in a standard tech shop in the payments space. Where else would you get to work on cool stuff like - Java/Spring Cloud/Apache Camel and Netflix Open Source, Components like Hystrix for circuit breaking and self-healing systems, API Gateway and AWS Lambda for API fronting, Postgres-RDS, Neptune GraphDB for databases, Jenkins Maven Docker for Build and ECS and Ansible for deployments to AWS!
What would a day in your life look like?
- You will be a member of our Scrum development team to deliver technology solutions in an Agile team which include, sprint planning, standups, and sprint retrospectives
- You will design, analyze, code, test, and deploy applications to satisfy business requirements for large, complex projects.
- You will adhere to firm-wide architecture standards, risk management, and security policies.
- You will ensure the quality and completeness of the product through unit testing, documentation, and maintenance as appropriate
- You will balance application development and application support need
What expertise & experiences would you need to have to play this kind of role?
- 3-6 years of solid knowledge of Java 8 with experience with Spring framework and database abstraction layers like Hibernate.
- Experience working with SQL databases, query optimization, and designing schemas
- High coding standards - understanding of test coverage best practices & test pyramid concept
- Familiar with the Continuous Delivery approach
- Experience with Distributed and Concurrent Systems, knowing the tradeoffs between stateful/stateless and synchronous/asynchronous architectures
- Hands-on knowledge of system integration patterns - REST, messaging, event streams
- Passion about technology and its relationship with product and user experience
- Ability to work independently - identify problems, create plans, and implement solutions to them
- Broad understanding of the concept of the minimum viable product (MVP)
- Customer is at the heart of everything you do and this empathy drives all decision you make
- Ability to articulate complex and technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Knowledge/interest in payment platforms, foreign exchange & highly complex systems
Note: This job opportunity is for a product-based fintech startup. Further details will be shared with the shortlisted candidates.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer