From a software engineering standpoint, SpotDraft is a uniquely challenging product. We have to build a fully responsive interface which hides away the complexity that the AI layer deals with. We're looking for engineers who understand the difference between solving hard computer science problems and writing highly maintainable code in a team setting and can excel at both.
We are looking for an experienced backend developer to join our team. You will be responsible for the server side of our web application. If you have excellent programming skills and a passion for developing applications or improving existing ones, we would like to meet you.
As a backend developer, you’ll work closely with our engineers to ensure system consistency and improve user experience. Ultimately, you should be able to develop and maintain functional and stable web applications to meet our company’s needs.
What you'll do:
- Design and develop APIs based on user requirements
- Abstract complexity into libraries that allow them to be reused
- Identify and fix issues in your modules and libraries
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Own modules or services in SpotDraft stack and see them from development to deployment to post-release maintenance
- Work closely with tech leads and the CTO for timely delivery of product features and engineering tasks
- Participate actively in design discussions and defining the long-term architecture of the system
What You'll Need:
- Proficiency in at least one OOPS language like Java
- Working knowledge of Python (Django would be a plus)
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Proficiency in CS concepts such as Data Structures and Algorithms
- Willingness to learn and switch to Django framework for day to day development
- Experience working on a Linux system
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer