We are building an EdTech product with a unique pedagogy. You may check out http://bit.ly/soc-bitcoin to see how the pedagogy works. We are looking to add many more features to make the learning experience more engaging and interactive.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build front-end elements that make the learning screens more feature-rich
- Migrate a few HTML/AJAX based pages to ReactJS
- Develop a consistent UI across different kinds of pages
- Build REST APIs for React Components to pull data from
- Build and extend existing schemas/views
- Take care of DevOps, Version Control, etc
- We care only about you and the work you do. No formalities, no compulsorily turning up to office and, Good God, no dress code. If you have freelanced before, working for Socratease will be like freelancing on steroids.
- We are a tech-first company. We are a very small team. We have deliberately kept it that way because we have automated, and want to automate, most things.
- Because we are a tiny team, you won’t have to deal with any hierarchy. The only thing that you have to do is build an awesome product.
- If this kind of a thing floats your boat, actually seeing students in schools use Socratease and experience the “ah ha!” moment is very enriching. While you may not actually tear up, you may leave the school feeling like you have done your “good deed of the day” many times over by building the product.
- 3+ years Experience in Flask and SQLAlchemy
- 2+ years Experience in ReactJS
- Good aesthetic sense in UI and Design
- Thorough understanding of OOPS and performance-related issues
- Good understanding of REST architecture
- Experience deploying and managing web apps on the cloud
- Bonus 1: Experience with having launched (at least) a WebView Android/iOS app. Further, experience with Firebase
- Bonus 2: Knowledge of Google Drive APIs
We are looking for someone who has a more Computer Scientist's bent of mind than a Software Engineer's
- Intellectual curiosity: There is a reason this is number 1 on the list.
- Self-driven nature: You will be the only frontend developer. So, you will need to drive the product here.
- Quick learner: We are quite agile in adding features and technologies. You will need to keep pace.
- Attention to detail: Socratease isn’t a large organisation with redundant documentation. So, you must understand requirements quickly.
- Independence of thought, and clarity of mind: Employees who have been associated with us for the longest time are ones who challenged our status quo and proved us wrong. We love such people.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer