Data Analyst – India Hypertension Control Initiative Consultant
Posted by Tim Cheadle
We are hiring a consultant to analyze key data and metrics in the India Hypertension Control Initiative.
Research and policy are critical components of the IHCI (India Hypertension Control Initiative) program, with ICMR (India Council of Medical Research) leading implementation program impact research. Resolve to Save Lives has developed Simple to collect hypertension treatment information needed for clinical management of patients. This app has been piloted in Punjab and is operational in 750+ clinics across several Indian states. Resolve to Save Lives would like to understand the potential of the data collected by the app to provide information critical to clinical performance management and improvement.
Reporting to the Resolve to Save Lives Director of Engineering, Tim Cheadle, the Data Analyst will be responsible for turning significant amounts of clinical hypertension data into meaningful information that can be used to make decisions to increase program impact and efficiency. The Data Analyst will be based in Bangalore or Chennai and is expected to travel up to four times a year to Delhi.
Reporting to the Resolve to Save Lives Director of Engineering and coordinating closely with Resolve to Save Lives Delhi technical team and ICMR, the Data Analyst shall have responsibilities such as but not limited to the following:
- Review, analyze, and validate data to ensure consistency, integrity, and accuracy based on IHCI/Simple guidelines
- Maintain documentation and follow data management guidelines
- Assist to develop and implement a strategy for data cleaning and in the design and programming of the database
- Liaise with project leadership and collaborating institutions to address data and reporting needs
- Maintain data accuracy through a review of data for completeness and consistency
- Query data inconsistencies and revise data in compliance with standard operating procedures and regulatory agency guidelines
- Generate data retrievals and summaries
- Keep all audit trails for any future inspection or scrutiny
- Assist the project leadership in preparing summary tables of data
- Maintain a dashboard to monitor the progress in each project district
- Contribute to monthly and quarterly reports to update all project stakeholders
- A Bachelor’s or higher in statistics, information management systems, computer science, bioinformatics or epidemiology with at least 5 years of experience as a data analyst or relevant role
- Technical expertise in data mining, database design and statistics
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to organize, analyze, interpret and disseminate large amounts of data
- Practical experience with R, SAS, ETL, data processing, database programming and data analytics
- Methodical, detail-oriented, and collaborative
- Knowledge and experience in clinical informatics is a big plus
- Experience working with large datasets
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver against tight deadlines
- Excellent written and spoken English
We are seeking an experienced candidate who is ready to do work that matters. No one will be productive on day one, nor do we expect you to. Instead, we’re looking for someone who embraces learning about our challenges, has solved plenty of related problems, and can work effectively with our remote team.
We try hard to be a team full of empathy, inclusion, and respect. We trust each other, have hard conversations with open mindedness, and assume positive intent. We document as much as possible, work as asynchronously as possible, and meet via video conference when necessary. Proposing ideas and trying new things are paramount; always being right is not. We are frequently wrong and try to write code that we don’t mind deleting when we learn new things. We’re excited for you to participate and look forward to helping you grow your own skills as well.
Given that we’re writing software for the globe, it’s critical that our team represent the diverse environments in which we operate. We strive for an inclusive, diverse team with different perspectives, ideas, and identities.
How to apply?
Please take the time to describe yourself and why you’ll be a great fit for this project. We encourage people of under-represented backgrounds to apply even if you took an unconventional path.
About the project
The Simple project comes out of Resolve to Save Lives (RTSL), a global health initiative of Vital Strategies that aims to save millions of lives by reducing preventable deaths from cardiovascular disease and to prevent infectious disease epidemics. Since September 2017, Resolve to Save Lives has worked closely with India’s Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, State Governments, the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), the World Health Organization, academic and other civil society partners to build capacity for and implement a core package of interventions to reduce cardiovascular disease, the world’s leading cause of death. This partnership, the India Hypertension Control Initiative (IHCI), is being expanded to sites across all states in India.
Vital Strategies, headquartered in New York City, is an international public health organization. Our programs strengthen public health systems and address the world’s leading causes of illness, injury and death. We currently work in 73 countries, supporting data-driven decision making, advancing evidence-based public health policies and programs and mounting strategic communication campaigns. Our programs are concentrated in low- and middle-income countries and cities in Africa, Latin America, Asia and the Pacific.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer