Market Maker Engineer (Backend) at US based blockchain startup
Posted by Kumar Sif
At Sifchain we are in the process of launching an Omnichain Decentralized Exchange. This is a unique technical undertaking that continues to attract interest and excitement from a multitude of well known investors in the blockchain sphere. In fact, the private sale round was oversubscribed within two days of its announcement. Investors recognize that our offering has unique benefits over both CEXes and existing DEXes, and has the potential to fundamentally change the DeFi ecosystem. The team is led by a blockchain architect from Thorchain, which raised its liquid market cap from $1M to over $150M in two years.
The blockchain engineering team at Sifchain is looking for a talented blockchain engineer to do foundational development work by helping to define and deliver against a coherent product roadmap.
As a Blockchain Engineer you would design, implement, deploy, and support blockchain architecture. Your work would both directly and indirectly affect multiple blockchains and their auxiliary systems. You should be comfortable with the core primitives of blockchain, including distributed systems, fault tolerance, security, cryptography, networking, microeconomics, and performance optimization. You should be willing to implement your work on any blockchain or on cross-chain platforms such as ChainBridge, Peggy, Rosetta, and Rainbow Bridge.
You’d design a liquidity pool sharing functionality with our partners. Moreover, you will integrate to our partners API using python in order to provide liquidity as well as share orders
As a Sifchain team member, you would be responsible for creating technically viable software with a team of senior engineers specializing in devops, distributed systems, system architecture, testing, and other related fields. You would be collaborating with some of the most diligent minds in the cryptocurrency industry on product direction, both on the core Sifchain team and among its partners, investors, and advisors. As an early team member, you must feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where the solutions aren’t already predefined.
- Deep understanding of blockchain, smart contracts, and decentralized protocols
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Programming fundamentals (in Python, Go, OOP)
- Blockchain fundamentals (consensus, nodes, miners, forks, transactions, web3)
- 2-3 years working on smart contracts, DeFi projects and protocols is an advantage, but if you are a self-taught genius or a DeFi enthusiast working on own projects, that works too
- Trading knowledge isn’t required but willingness and curiosity to learn algorithmic, high-frequency, quantitative, market making trading is crucial
- Experience in automatic market making, liquidity sharing and bot development
- Participating in open source development on shared resources with external development teams
- Fluency in a systems-level programming language (python preferred).
- Experience with blockchain software development on at least one popular ecosystem such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cosmos, Polkadot, Chainlink, Tron, Stellar, Tezos, Neo, or another similar ecosystem
- Empathy with the user experience for cryptocurrencies; including software elements like wallets, block explorers, testnets, 3rd party custodians, and node status visualizers; text elements like developer documentation and tutorials; and event elements like price volatility, feature announcements, and partnership announcements
- Experience with developing complex software systems scaling to substantial data volumes or millions of users with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability.
- Understanding of the tradeoffs of performance, compute, and memory and simultaneously optimize for all three.
- Experience with deploying complex applications on cloud platforms using a container orchestration platform, such as Kubernetes.
- Track record of working on hard problems including job scheduling, concurrency, and scaling.
- Strong familiarity with distributed programming models
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and lead a team in solving them
- Ability to think about protocol design, network design, and systems design from first principles
- Understanding of rational decision-making among agents and the systemic effects thereof
- A keen aptitude for sharp feedback and structured communication
- Desire to work on building things the "right" way to make sure our technical foundation is solid as we build on top of it over the coming years
- Independence and self-motivation
- 3+ years engineering experience
- Experience with multi-agent simulation systems
- Data Processing - experience with building and maintaining large scale and/or real-time complex data processing pipelines using Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Storm, or Zookeeper
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL or NoSQL, e.g. MySQL, Cassandra)
- Major contribution to prominent and related open-source projects
- Working with edge deployments (low-latency and heavily distributed)
- Background in cryptography or networking
- Background in academic economics or finance
- Familiarity with Cosmos, Tendermint, or Thorchain
- Familiarity with the GoLang programming language
- Familiarity with Ethereum development tools like Drizzle, Truffle, and Infura
- Experience in small startup environments
- Experience with a distributed team / remote work
Earn competitive US salary while working remote from anywhere.
Purposeful work environment.
Own a piece of software that transmits billions of dollar worth of value on daily basis.
Annual remote gatherings and retreats
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer
Answer this survey on privacy and technology
What is the state of privacy enhancing technologies, data security, and compliance, in the Indian tech industry?
This survey, conducted by Hasgeek, in partnership with Omidyar Network India, is aimed at broadly understanding privacy concerns and practices among middle and senior management inside tech organizations, and how factors such as regulated nature of certain businesses, compliance requirements, etc impact the development of privacy enhancing technologies.
Hasgeek invites you to participate in this survey, as a senior tech practitioner and leader in your organization. There are 32 questions in all and should take approximately 15 minutes to answer them.