This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Senior Android Developer
Posted by Suvidha Chib (@suvidhachib)
Why Shuttl ?
Shuttl makes it possible for thousands of daily commuters to travel with dignity. We are solving a huge infrastructural gap in our mass transport system with a lot of success. Our services are available to both the end consumer as well as businesses across many cities in India.
Our company culture reflects the responsible, liberal and creative mindset of our team. We believe that technology is and will be a key differentiator and we are excited to apply and create technology to solve problems in the mass transportation space.
Our engineering team is composed of three groups - consumer, business and platform. The consumer group builds solutions that allow ordinary citizens to use Shuttl. The business group builds solutions that service transportation and fleet management needs for businesses. Finally, the platform group is responsible for building the platform that is leveraged by the consumer and business groups.
What will I do ?
- You will work as a Senior Software Engineer for the Android app in the Consumer team. The consumer mobile apps are the primary way that our customers regularly interact with Shuttl for finding routes and booking their rides.
- You will report into the Team Lead for the Consumer team. Your team mates will be other Android, iOS and backend engineers.
- As a senior software engineer at Shuttl you are responsible for developing new features and maintaining existing ones, contributing to architecture and code design as well as coaching and training of junior software engineers.
How do we work ?
Our engineering process is a five step process which consists of phases for planning, developing, testing, releasing
- The planning phase consists of documenting of the feature/task to be done followed by various discussions.
These discussions cover product, delivery estimates, release plan, monitoring plan, test plans, architecture, code design, technology choices and best practice adoption.
- The development and testing phase coexist and involve writing code, unit tests, performance tests, stress testing, code reviews and QA testing. This phase is punctuated with daily scrums and standups.
- The release phase is largely about managing and communicating the release to customers and internal stakeholders and activating features.
- The last phase is the monitoring phase where relevant metrics and exceptions are tracked and any critical refinement for the delivered feature is undertaken. This phase culminates with a retrospective.
What skills should I have ?
- For this role we expect you to have 4+ years of experience in Android application development primarily using Java.
- You should have strong knowledge of Android SDK & Runtime Environments, Location services, Google Maps and other Android support libraries.
- You should be well acquainted with Android Studio and various profilers. Working knowledge of Reactive programming and Kotlin is huge plus.
- You should be knowledgeable about programming languages, operating systems, networks, databases and SQL, algorithms, architecture, code design and design patterns.
Career Ladder for Software teams in Shuttl
1) MEDICAL INSURANCE for self & family
2) PERSONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE for self
3) LIFE INSURANCE for self
4) MOBILE & CONVEYANCE reimbursements for official use as per policy
5) 50 FREE SHUTTL RIDES per month
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer