This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
Posted by Sreenath Nannatt (@sreenath-sephora)
Sephora South East Asia provides customers across the region with a unique opportunity to indulge their passion for beauty. With the widest range of beauty products, incredible staff, and the most innovative technology supporting an emerging omni-channel consumer experience, Sephora is a career destination for talented people across a range of disciplines and geographies.
Sephora’s Technology team build products that power its business across South East Asia & Oceania. We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer for the catalogue team (we call it a squad) which is responsible for delivering rich user experience for discovering the right beauty products for our customers
What you will do:
- Work closely with fellow engineers, product managers, UX & QA persons to drive squad goals of increasing conversion and engagement.
- Architect and deliver the Catalogue microservice. The catalogue engine is the backbone of product catalogue pages and search in the web and mobile apps. Given it handles a big chunk of the traffic, the service needs to be highly performant and scalable.
- Enhance product search experience. You will work with team members to create and enhance the search experience for customers. You will look to improve relevance of results by relying on data-driven approach to measuring relevance and adding iterative enhancement.
- Work with team to scale the application to meet the increasing year on year demand and high traffic sales events
- Work on projects that impact web, iOS & android apps as well as technologies used in Retail stores
- You are interested to use technology to improve and drive the business forward
- You are willing to be involved in end-to-end software development, including gathering of requirements and understanding of pain points from various stakeholders
- You have demonstrated experience in and value core software engineering practices (i.e. Testing, Scalability, Clean code)
- You have at least 3 years of relevant work experience
- You are willing to work on the different parts of the our technology stack
- You are a team player and willing to communicate with the other teams in the company (Product Managers, UI / UX Designers, and more importantly fellow engineers locally and abroad)
- Experience with search technologies: ElasticSearch, Lucene, Solr is preferred
We work with Ruby on Rails / Vue.js / ElasticSearch / Git and write tests on a daily basis. Experience with at least few of these technologies and tools is desired.
You probably have a computer science degree, but passion and demonstrated expertise are what we care about.
If you are passionate, and have an expectation of excellence, you will enjoy working with our technology team, who maintain a highly flexible and innovative start up culture whilst benefiting from the resources of Sephora in Southeast Asia.
We have teams in Singapore, Malaysia, India, Australia, Thailand, the Philippines and Indonesia, and our employees come from more than 20 countries. Our people are passionate entrepreneurs, with a focus on technology and innovation. A rapidly expanding business demands smart, talented and dedicated staff. The data is definitive: diversity leads to better teams, better performance, and better results. Consequently, we actively seek candidates of all genders, backgrounds, and experiences.
We provide our employees with a unique opportunity to take on senior responsibilities, accelerate their career path and be part of one of the fastest growing digital businesses in South East Asia, whilst also benefiting from being part of Sephora, a beauty trailblazer, and LVMH, the world leader in luxury. You can read more about Sephora and LVMH at http://www.lvmh.com/group/.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer