Ruby on Rails Developer with strong PostgreSQL skills
Posted by Senitron Inc. (@senitron)
Our code base has a history of over 7 years, with multiple re-invention cycles over the years. The primary part of the software is a multi-tenant Ruby on Rails application with a PostgreSQL Database, and sidekiq for background jobs. The software runs on AWS infrastructure.
We are looking for 2 strong Ruby developers with a strong aptitude for problem-solving to join our team. The ideal candidate should have:
- Really strong in Ruby on Rails and Ruby. (enough to call yourself a Senior Ruby on Rails Dev)
- Proficient in writing Raw SQL when needed, and knowledge on how the Database works
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming knowledge with an emphasis on writing maintainable code
- Managing Servers and Deploying on your own
- Self Disciplined enough to not have a manager follow up frequently
Even though we are primarily a ruby based team when the situation calls for it. We have written software in other languages as well.
Our Tech Stack/Tools:
- Bitbucket, Bitbucket pipelines
- AWS (for servers)
- PostgreSQL, RDS (Database)
- Sidekiq, Ruby on Rails
- Mini Test for test
Include a link to your resume, GitHub profile, etc (anything that will show us your coding skills). Skype Id with a potential time slot between 9PM - 5PM (PST) for a call.
- There will be a coding round
- based on which we will have a call with one of the programmers.
- After that a call with the Program Manager
After successful selection:
- We will request you to work with us on a probation base for a month or two.
Things to Note:
- The team works in PST (Los Angeles), so you will be also expected to work during the same timezone as much as possible. After probation, we can look into overlapping time slots.
- You should have access to good internet, a good headset with noise cancelation and mic, and good working laptop.
- The candidate should be also open for relocation if things go well.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer