This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Senior Ruby on Rails developer
Posted by Scripbox (@scripboxadvisors)
Scripbox is India’s largest and best established, digital wealth management service that helps its customers create wealth for their long-and-short-term goals.
Founded in 2012, Scripbox is a pioneer in the digital financial services category and is recognised for creating simple and elegant user experiences in a complex domain. We do this by simplifying complex investing concepts and automating best practices, so our customers can grow their wealth without worry. We achieve this by combining cutting-edge technology, data-driven algorithms, awesome UX and friendly customer support.
Our task is ambitious and we like to work hard as well as smart. We want to build a team that relishes challenges and contributes to a new way of thinking and investing in India.
We are looking for creators who can build products that our customers love. The challenge for you will involve understanding, and building for, an unforgiving consumer who invests a lot of trust into the product YOU will build. Your product will be used by thousands.
Scripbox is making a difference in the world of personal finance and investing and we would like you to be part of the team that makes it happen.
You'll be responsible for:
- Writing quality code using language best practices
- Working in a highly collaborative team
- Building good software using the latest tools and techniques
- Participating in design reviews, coding modules, code reviews and unit testing
- Taking ownership of quality and usability of your code
- 6-12 years of experience building good quality production software
- Excellent knowledge of at least one ecosystem based on Elixir/Phoenix, Ruby/Rails, Python/Django, Java/Scala/Clojure
- Good OO skills, including strong design patterns knowledge
- Familiar with datastores like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Redshift, HBase etc.
- Knowledge of deploying software to AWS, Heroku
- Knowledge of software best practices, like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI)
- Entrepreneurial spirit. Everywhere you go, you can’t help but mobilize people, build things, solve problems, roll up your sleeves, go above and beyond, raise the bar. You are an insatiable doer and driver
- Strong execution and organization. Your team will be working with engineers and product leads at the bleeding edge of the development cycle. To be successful in this role, you should be comfortable executing with little oversight and be able to adapt to problems quickly
- Strategic mindset - you’re comfortable thinking a few steps ahead of where the team is at now
What you’ll get:
- Very competitive salary with performance bonus
- Active promotion of your professional career by sending you to events, hackathons, user groups etc.
- Weekly time-slot where you are encouraged to spend time to play around with new technology or self-learning
You can read more about what we do on [our technology blog](https://medium.com/@scripbox_tech)
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer