This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Sr. Backend Engineer @ Salarybox (YCombinator S21) to build systems for the next billion
Posted by Peeyush Goyal
It’s an amazing time to be joining SalaryBox as we continue to transform attendance and payroll for over 60 million MSME’s in India.
*We launched the app in Jan 2021, and now have more than 1 million downloads of the app. We support more than 200k businesses and operate at scale. *
Backed by Y-Combinator, SalaryBox is India’s leading attendance and payroll app. Considered to be the engine of economies around the world, the MSME segment in India alone has ~63 million units, and employs ~100 million people. The sector accounts for 27% of GDP and is crucial to the functioning of the economy.
We are on a mission to make work easier for these business owners, managers, and employees so that they can focus on the things they do best.
Today, SalaryBox is a fun bunch of analytical and ambitious folks building the first-of-its-kind technologies for the MSME ecosystem. We are here to enhance the employee experience of over 10 million end consumers in the next twelve months. Our mission is big, so we act with urgency in everything we do. We find creative ways to test ideas and learn today so that we focus on the right things tomorrow.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer with at least 3 years experience. You will be an integral part of building the back-end architecture and developing core systems.
- Architect and develop our core systems from scratch.
- Deploy and maintain the product on AWS.
- Guide the team in making strategic technical decisions.
- Find and address performance issues.
- Help build the engineering team & subsequently mentor junior developers.
- 3+ years’ experience as a backend engineer.
- Expert in Python and Django.
- Experience with databases (Postgres, Redis etc. ).
- Good understanding of platforms (Docker, AWS).
- Basic understanding of Dev Ops.
- Previous experience architecting and developing back-end systems and an understanding of scalable micro service architecture.
- Hands-on attitude and ability to drive solutions to completion.
This isn't your regular 9 - 5 job. You'll get the following perks:
- Work with a team of A Level players
- An opportunity to build at scale, for the next billion
- Flexible working hours
- Highly competitive pay
Looking for more? Let's get in touch :)
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer