This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Technical Lead, Ruby on Rails
Posted by Vikas Yaragattimath
ABOUT REFLEKTIVE'S ENGINEERING TEAM
We are seeking a Senior/Lead Software Engineer to help scale Reflektive from a startup to being the market leader for employee performance management. The main question to be answered: Can you help a company scale?
Reflektive has major initiatives to tackle in the next year, along with scaling our team from fifteen to forty Engineers. Initiatives range from internal scaling, security, engagement, new verticals, pervasive technologies, research and development, data and analytics, and customer tools. Reflektive’s Senior/Lead Software Engineer will contribute in their area of specialization. S/he will be a trusted leader that will drive initiatives over the finish line. S/he will help us solve complex design challenges and mature our platform to handle increasing traffic and scale.
You'll join a lean, prolific team where everyone, including you, is active in the product defining and development process (where deploying new features every 2 weeks is common). You'll know the customers we're talking to, and the needs of each one. As a result, you know where your initiative and drive can best make a difference (and be recognized!)
- Break-down complex problems into solvable pieces of work for other Engineers.
- Depending on your specialization, projects/initiatives may include: Security, scaling distributed systems, working on our core services related to user management, building out new verticals, guiding new engagement features, scaling traffic/imports/exports, managing APIs.
- Help scale the company in both headcount/workforce, as well as our technology. Scale our platform to handle an increasing number of enterprise customers: +50,000 employees.
- Work extremely cross-functionally across Engineering and Product Management.
- Train and mentor junior/mid-level Engineers.
- Deliverables: (30 days) Own a feature; possibly being paired with another engineer. (60 days) Own and drive a new initiative. (90 days) Bring that initiative to production.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Expert proficiency in Ruby on Rails (Mandatory).
- Knowledge of one or more languages desired, NOT required: Java, Scala, Python and Objective-C.
- Experience with one or more technologies desired, NOT required: Redis, Memcache, Redshift, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Hadoop, Microservices.
- Played a pivotal role in scaling a company. Startup experience strongly desired.
- You learn quickly, you’re adaptable and versatile.
- Experienced as a mentor.
- Track-record of achievements impacting team(s) and company(ies) versus solely building features.
- SaaS /Internet company background: web-based, hosted on Heroku or AWS. Experience in an Agile and Scrum environment.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer