This post is from recruitrightt.in, which may or may not be affiliated with moneyview.in
Posted by harishh rajan
Objectives and Responsibilities
- Product Analytics: This is the first and most obvious role of the Product Analyst. At this capacity the Product Analyst is responsible for the development and delivery of tangible consumer benefits through the product or service of the business.
- In addition, at this capacity the Product Analyst is also responsible for measuring and monitoring the product or service’s performance as well as presenting product related consumer, market, and competitive intelligence.
- Product Strategy: As a member of the Product team, the Product Analyst is responsible for the development and proposal of product strategies.
- Product Management Operations: The Product Analyst also has the obligation to respond in a timely manner to all requests and enquiries for product information or changes. He also performs the initial product analysis in order to assess the need for any requested changes as well as their potential impact.
- At this capacity the Product Analyst also undertakes financial modeling on the products or services of the business as well as of the target markets in order to bring about an understanding of the relations between the product and the target market. This information is presented to the Marketing Manager and other stakeholders, when necessary.
- Additionally, the Product Analyst produces reports and makes recommendations to the Product Manager and Product Marketing Manager to be used as guidance in decision making pertinent to the business’s new as well as existent products.
- Initiative: At this capacity the Product Analyst ensures that there is a good flow of communication between the Product team and other teams. The Product Analyst ensures this by actively participating in team meetings and keeping everyone up to date.
- Pricing and Development: The Product Analyst has the responsibility to monitor the market, competitor activities, as well as any price movements and make recommendations that will be used in key decision making. In this function the Product Analyst will normally liaise with other departments such as the credit/risk in the business in order to enhance and increase the efficiency of effecting price changes in accordance to market shifts.
- Customer/Market Intelligence: The Product Analyst has the obligation to drive consumer intelligence through the development of external and internal data sources that improve the business’s understanding of the product’s market, competitor activities, and consumer activities.
- In the performance of this role, the Product Analyst develops or adopts research tools, sources, and methods that further support and contribute to the business’s product
- Education: The Product Analyst must have a degree in Engineering or Business from a reputed college or university.
- Experience: The work experience required for competency in this role is inclusive of: experience in Product Analytics.
- Ms Office: The Product Analyst has to be extremely proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Creativity and Vision: The Product Analyst must have great creative, and critical thinking skills. In addition to these, he must also possess excellent problem solving skills.
- Organizational Skills: The Product Analyst has to have exceptional organizational skills, have great time management skills, be able to prioritize, be detail oriented, and be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- People Skills: It is also extremely important for the Product Analyst to possess great people skills and be able to work independently as well as collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Communication: Due to the role’s demand for constant interaction with other people, whether during presentations to stakeholders and Product Managers or during normal cross-functional collaborations; the Product Analyst must possess excellent skills in written and verbal communication.
- Self-Motivated: The Product Analyst must be motivated and proactive, constantly taking the initiative to learn emerging market research skills and tools that will increase his efficiency in the performance of his duties.
Experience Range: 2 - 4 years
Educational Qualifications: B.Tech/B.E in Computers
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer