Senior Software Engineer (Remote India)
Posted by Sandeep Verma (@sverma)
Come join our growing team! You will have the opportunity to work in a collaborative and creative environment where your ideas matter.
Please note: This position is fully remote but since most of our team members are in Bangalore so we prefer candidates who are located in Bangalore or in near by cities like Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad.
Applied Training Systems, Inc. is seeking a remote Senior Software Engineer to contribute to the next phase of growth with our company’s brands and product portfolio. The ideal candidate for this critical position will contribute high quality software and engineering expertise as a technical leader with our talented engineering group.
This position reports to the Director, Software Engineering and collaborates with senior leadership from the product and engineering departments.
About our brands:
Our suite of employee management software solutions delivers an integrated approach to talent development. At Trakstar and Reviewsnap we're modernizing and streamlining the performance review process, providing relevant solutions to today's companies. Recruiterbox delivers recruitment software that features numerous tools to make the hiring process easier and more productive. Mindflash is a leading online Learning Management System, making it easy to provide employee, associate, and/or customer training in the cloud. These tools used together create a market-defining employee lifecycle management solution that charts a path for a workforce from hire to retire.
What you’ll do:
Your contributions will focus on our Recruiterbox Applicant Tracking System (ATS) SaaS products. The team you will join focuses on delivering high quality (low escaped defects), well-tested (Cypress automation framework with focus on unit test coverage), secure (scanned and verified), scalable (AWS, but hardware isn’t the answer), software that delivers exceptional experiences for our clients. This is a great opportunity to join a growing company, be part of an excellent team, architect solutions to complex problems, and deliver valuable features where clean code matters.
You will –
- Build subject matter expertise on your team’s code base and platform.
- Write clean, production-ready code that is easily understood and well tested.
- Do no harm and leave it better than you found it when refactoring components.
- Serve in an on-call rotation (DevOps philosophy where you will participate in ops) and respond promptly to any production issues to remediate rapidly.
- Be a teammate, communicate well, show up when expected, and be available.
- Write secure code. Avoid introducing an OWASP vulnerability. Know how APIs are secured, sessions are handled, and data is validated properly.
- Work in an agile development model and participate, or even lead, sprint planning activities to break down epics, estimate accurately and consistently.
- Look for and surface dependencies that can create technical challenges, bottlenecks, or otherwise inhibit deliveries.
- Build reliable observability; monitor and log alerts to ensure the team is aware of, and can respond to, quality issues or outages.
- Help other teammates resolve complex problems or think through design/architecture challenges. Be available and responsive.
- Foster an excellent engineering culture based in trust, accountability, character, and honesty.
- Seek feedback and deliver constructive criticism (e.g., code reviews) in a tactful and empathetic manner; build others up and mentor without ego.
- Be proactive in moving to new cards/stories and contributing to the team’s forward momentum.
- Participate and hold code reviews to ensure high quality deliveries.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience. Emphasis in engineering, data science, computer science or information systems is preferred.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of software engineering experience developing SaaS applications.
- Proficiency with Django and Python a must. Experience with React.js, Redux, webpack is a plus.
- Must have proficiency with AWS systems (RDS, EC2, RDS, Security Groups, CloudWatch, Ops tools, etc.).
- Knowledge of Git source control, versioning/branching, rebasing, etc.
- Knowledge of code coverage and unit testing frameworks.
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs, secure sessions, identity and access management providers (OAuth, SAML, etc.).
- Experienced with database queries, SQL, optimization and tuning (MySQL, Postgres etc.).
- Knowledge of caching systems (Redis, Memcache, Elasticache).
- Familiar with queueing systems (SQS, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, etc.).
- Exposure to truly challenging problems that affect thousands of users
- An opportunity to work with passionate, smart problem-solvers like yourself
- Remote work
- MacBook Pro
- Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
- Open PTO policy
- Medical Insurance
- Competitive salary based on experience
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer