This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
REACH is a maintenance & repair marketplace platform that facilitates breakdown recovery, equipment reporting, and preventative maintenance within the commercial trucking and intermodal transportation industry. We bring together transportation and M&R enterprise on our platform enabling:
- Operational efficiency for our customers & compounding network effects.
- Standardization of the marketplace.
- Transparency & trust-building between vendors & fleets.
Our values: We are a bunch of folks who are curious & energetic trying to disrupt a traditional industry while also remaining humble to adapt, learn and grow.
We’re looking for a UI/UX Designer with the following qualifications to join our product engineering team:
- Experience designing & shipping product flows & interfaces, preferably (& not mandatory) for at least 5+ years.
- Interested in solving problems working with product managers and engaging users directly for research.
- Comfortable with articulating design narratives and walking internal & external stakeholders through your solutions.
- Embrace iterative & lean mindset for shipping products and track record of negotiating with product & engineering.
- Keen interest in building domain expertise, interacting with customers, performing user research, etc.
- You feel alignment with our core value as outlined above.
Design Challenges at Reach
- Our platform has grown organically over 6+ years and over the years taken on a lot of design debt and cruft that needs some attention.
- Being a multiplayer-platform involving trucking fleets, container operators, tire dealers, field technicians, call center agents, etc working together there is a challenge in crafting user interfaces that intuitively make sense to each and enables our users to accomplish their jobs on the platform.
- As we expand our market, we’re looking to build ambitious products and tools on the Reach platform and we’d like to invest in design thinking & research as we venture out.
- We would like to design and implement a design system/language for the platform to provide a seamless user experience across products on our platform.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Setup & own the design practice at REACH working with product & engineering to craft simple and intuitive user experiences for our customers.
- Understand the current platform, map out user journeys, document the information architecture and work with the business and product teams to gain a deep understanding of Reach’s value prop to different types of customers and user personas.
- Interact with key customers, conduct interviews, build prototypes, etc., towards understanding customer problems and building the right solutions.
- Research established software tools used in the transportation, maintenance & repair industry and incorporate patterns and solutions to create familiar experiences for our customers.
- Design and produce high fidelity specifications for the engineering team and collaborate during build-out.
- Incorporate a data-oriented approach for measuring success & impact of solutions (user analytics, A/B testing, etc.)
- Craft a design system for REACH and iteratively work towards migrating existing interfaces, work with engineers for adoption.
- Ownership of branding and design of all outward-facing communications including email notifications, release notes, product documentation, etc.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer