Are you interested in working for a Global leader in Ecommerce? Are you excited about building highly scalable applications that are accessed by millions of users every day? Do you think that you could be a part of team architecting the next generation Ecommerce platform? Does the thought of working with a global team of highly talented engineers to solve complex problems using latest technologies stimulate you? If so, read on to find out more about this opportunity.
About the Company
Rakuten, Inc. is one of the world’s leading e-Commerce and Internet Services Company. It is a B2B2C e-commerce platform, is the largest in Japan and among the world’s largest by sales. Rakuten Group provides a variety of consumer- and business-focused services including e-commerce, e-Books & e-Reading, travel, banking, securities, credit card, e-money, portal and media, online marketing and professional sports.
A few key highlights about the RAKUTEN.
- Japan’s largest E-Commerce company
- Pioneer in B2B2C marketplace model for online commerce
- One of the largest internet companies in the world
- Rakuten operates globally in Japan, Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore, USA, UK, France, Germany and Canada etc.,
- Ranked among the world’s ‘Top 20 Most Innovative Companies’ in Forbes magazine’s annual list
- Operates globally with presence in Asia, Europe, and Americas
Rakuten owns Viber instant messaging application, Kobo e-Reader, Wuaki on-demand streaming content, and Viki – video sharing and subtitling application. For more information about Rakuten, please visit http://global.rakuten.com/corp/about/
We are looking for a Technical Lead / Manager who will lead the Software development projects for internal Client servicing across the globe. You will be the champion to introduce new efficient technologies to enhance the Technology services. They will deal with highly ambiguous problems, taking full control and responsibility for finding solutions, and will drive towards simple solutions to complex problems.
Technical Lead / Manager:
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to a team of Leads and Engineers within their functional area of responsibility.
- Direct motivate and develop staff through coaching and mentoring to maximize their individual contributions, professional growth and ability to function effectively as a team.
Ensure that all development work is delivered accordingly to plan
- Collaborate with stake holders on requirements and respond with fast testing cycles, improved efficiency to release features on a continuous basis.
- Proven ability to handle multiple, complex technical projects and have the flexibility to work in a very dynamic environment.
- Gather requirements from all stakeholders, forecast and estimate targets at a weekly, monthly, annual level; plan and drive activities for achieving the targets.
- Work closely with supporting internal remote teams to drive process improvements, identify and drive new projects to improve productivity, quality and throughput of leads.
- Standardize and document all processes in your domain, continuously innovate and drive process improvements and automations as a solution.
- Engage with technical teams to understand and influence roadmap of development projects, track and monitor deployments and call out any issues, fixes required.
- Track and analyze progress against targets, identify and troubleshoot issues and engage with stakeholders to keep track of changing requirements and quality of leads taken up .
- Experience leading and managing world-class teams and projects through multiple releases.
- Ability to discuss, present, document and provide technical guidance to a team of highly skilled engineers.
- Excellent presentation, interaction and communication skills along with the ability to collaborate.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Self-driven, innovative and proactive.
- The successful candidate must be able to work directly with the system/data, manage stakeholders and lead multiple projects at one time.
- Good exposure to design, architecture, development of web applications.
- Should be involved in usage and have good understanding of Agile process .
- Prior success in stakeholder /client management covering multiple projects, processes, dependencies end to end.
- 7+ years of experience in the IT industry at various levels from individual contributor to project/technical leadership management.
- Strong hands-on experience with back end development with Java stack Multithreading, Collections, Spring / Hibernate, Web Services, Design Patterns, Data Structure, OOPs etc.
- Should have handled teams and experience in managing medium sized teams.
- Strong communicator.
- Should be excellent in leadership, people management, communication and documentation skills.
- Must possess ability to build strong collaborative working relationships
- Should be passionate about their work, self-motivated, detail oriented and have excellent problem solving abilities.
- Experience in a highly analytical, results-oriented environment with external customer interaction.
Engineering Degree in Computer Sciences/ Information Technology or related technical field or Masters in Computer Applications / Computer Science /Information Technology.