Head of Technology
Posted by Sonali M (@SonaliM)
JOB DESCRIPTION | HEAD OF TECHNOLOGY
Quidich Innovation Labs Pvt. Ltd is a platform to connect people with their passion, a vision to be the center of transformation of live sports and its experiences across the globe. We provide technology solutions to the broadcast and film industry.
Some of our current projects are ground based remote controlled buggy to landmark shows like Kaun Banega Crorepati & other cricket tournaments, along with delivering propriety augmented reality solutions on our drone systems to the biggest sporting events in the world including the IPL and the Womens’ World Cup 2020, Australia.
What to expect @ Quidich?
- Your work will be consumed by millions of people within months of your joining and will impact consumption patterns of how live sport is viewed across the globe.
- You work with passionate, talented, and diverse people who inspire and support you to achieve your goals.
- You work in a culture of trust, care, and innovation
- You have the autonomy to shape your role, and drive your own learning and growth
ROLE: HEAD OF TECHNOLOGY
With a strong focus towards computer vision based technology development, we are inviting applications for a head of technology to lead the management and development efforts of two of our current products (Spatio - a real-time SLAM based Augmented Reality engine on the drone & Third Eye - a Vision based Player Detection & Tracking system for live sport).
Are you intrigued by the advances in machine learning and vision systems? Are you excited by the opportunity to develop a company’s technological backbone? Are you a sports fan? If so, we can’t wait to hear from you.
The ideal candidate would have previous experience to manage a team, a deep understanding of Machine Learning concepts and available stacks and a passion for computer vision. Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. We expect you to be well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts. You will communicate with employees, stakeholders and customers to ensure constant innovation, growth and development of the technologies and the team.
Your responsibilities include:
- Technology Management
- Understand the current technologies at Quidich and develop strategy to improve the product pipeline
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Evaluate and implement new systems and infrastructure that contribute to thought leadership, innovation and creativity in the sports and broadcast industry
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Ensure all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards.
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in technology
- Coaching and managing the team
- Designing the strategy, roles and operational plan for the technology team
- Hiring and team development activities
- Lead performance management for the team and provide support for progress towards team and individual goals
- Create and manage timelines for the development and deployment of all technological services.
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Manage and track annual operating and capital budgets for purchase, staffing and technical operations
- Building enabling relationships with all stakeholders- staff, Entrepreneurs and alumni.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or Masters in Computer Science would be a big plus
- Proven experience as a manager in a similar leadership role
- Over 8 years of experience in computer science or a technology role
- Over 3-4 years of managerial experience
- Deep understanding and passion for Computer Vision and Machine Learning
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Excellent communication, Leadership and organizational abilities
- Hands on experience with complex project management
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Proactive problem solver with attention to detail and ability to delegate efficiently
Age Group - 35 to 45
Location - Mumbai
Reporting Manager - CEO
Tentative Start Date - January 2021
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer