We are looking for a young and enthusiastic personality who loves coding. Who is passionate and ready to tackle some of the most difficult problems in the laundry industry.
We believe that user-centric design ultimately leads to the best products, so we listen closely to our users, both external and internal. As an engineer on our close-knit, cross-functional team, you’ll be an active voice in shaping our product.
You will play a role in product planning, drive the implementation and release of major features, and be a champion of best practices for writing well-tested, well-organized code.
- Work with internal business teams and management to define requirements and develop technical specifications.
- You will be creating modules and components and coupling them together into a functional app.
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
- Developing and integrating RESTful API services.
- Convert legacy code to new tech stack single-page web applications.
- You will be working with payment gateway, barcodes, QR codes, biometrics, integrating different hardware (printer, scanner, cash register, POS terminal, laundry, and drycleaning machines, conveyor belt, etc), map routing and distance algorithms.
What an ideal candidate looks like
- Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, complexity analysis, databases, networking, and distributed systems.
- 3-4 years of experience with product development (.ASP.Net, C#.Net, WCF, MVC, SQL Server development applications, version control, CI/CD pipelines).
- Should have a strong online presence on different forums like stack overflow etc, Github, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. The ability to explain sophisticated architectures to engineers, product managers, and support & operation executives. You should also be able to write a proposal for your idea/solutions and take feedback from the team.
- Previous work experience at a product-based company or startup would be a bonus.
Personality traits we really admire
- Great attitude to ask questions, learn and suggest process improvements.
- Pays great attention to detail and helps identify edge cases.
- Gives equal importance to planning, coding, code reviews, documentation, and testing.
- Highly motivated and coming up with fresh ideas and perspectives to help us move towards our goals faster.
- Follows release cycles and absolute commitment to deadlines.
What you can expect in the next 12 months
Within 1 month
- You should have acquired a good knowledge of the domain, product, and process that we follow.
- Setup the dev environment and push your first small piece of code to production.
- You will start attending daily stand up.
- Dive into technology by pair-programming with your teammates and attending engineering training sessions designed and presented by your peers.
- Have a one-one chat with every member of the Quick Dry Cleaning team so you get to know everyone well and understand each other.
Within 3 months
- You’ll start developing your first module all by yourself. (With some guidance)
- Write your first set of unit test cases and work with the quality engineer to set up functional testing workflows.
- Conduct your first review of a peer’s code.
- Participate in several release planning sessions to get a deep understanding of the new features we’re working on.
- Participate in your first production release cycle.
- Start providing support for bugs, issues, the small improvement in production.
- Take over one tool(JIRA, Build Deployment, CI/CD, Git or any other)
Within 6 months
- You’ll launch your first two or three modules to production.
- Take architectural and infrastructure decisions that will impact the entire product.
- Be comfortable navigating most of our stack and infrastructure.
- Be responsible for the planning, scoping, design, and implementation of new services.
Within 12 months
- You’ll launch at least 3 to 4 core modules to production and completely own scaling for some more.
- Participate in interviewing and hiring, as a way to influence team growth.
- Mentor Ship - Should do code reviews for juniors, spend time and show a willingness to teach juniors, and share expertise with new team members.
- Collaborate with engineering, product, sales and customer success leadership to define priorities and set delivery goals.
- You will start owning an important workflow/ section of the product.
About Quick Dry Cleaning
We are on a mission to make Dry Cleaners and Laundry business winning in the digital era.
We believe in
- Helping traditional laundries to come at par with digital businesses: Traditional We help laundry businesses adopt modern technology and deliver the customer experience that today’s digital businesses like Swiggy, OLA and Flipkart are delivering. We feel successful when we hear stories like these.
- Building a large profitable business: We envision building a capital-efficient, large profitable business to achieve our mission of making laundry business win. This means less dependence on investors & more ownership with the team. We are one of the few profitable Indian SaaS startups building value SaaS
- Employee Wellness <> Customer Success: We give as much importance to each team member’s personal & professional success as much as we care about our customer's success. We believe it’s all about balance.
Our impact so far
- 3 Billion garments processed through QDC Dry Cleaning Cloud
- 47 countries
- 1000+ Paid subscribers
- 5000+ Users
- All this could be achieved with a nimble team of 20 from our single office in Noida
Why join QDC?
- Freedom & Responsibility: If you are a person who wants to take up challenging work & push your boundaries with no one monitoring you, then this is the right place for you. There are no hierarchies. No managers to please.
- Holistic Growth: Building a career doesn’t have to be at the cost of missing out on your personal front. We believe that professional success is worth when the personal goals are nurtured with equal importance. We will support you all in on that journey of yours.
- Transparency: If you ever wanted to know what it’s like to be on an entrepreneurial journey, then working with QDC gives you that opportunity to experience it all first hand.
Great Environment: We spend more time of our day at work than at home while awake, so it is important that we feel comfortable in our workplace. Our office space is fun and the team is funnier. We never miss out on any opportunity to have fun. We don’t experience Monday blues rather we have Monday excitement.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer