This post is from qmul.ac.uk, which may or may not be affiliated with atvariance.in
Research Associate for a Computational Social Science Project
Posted by Denny George (@dennyabrain)
An interdisciplinary team of researchers led by Renuka Sane, Sabyasachi Das and Vimal Balasubramaniam is looking for a research assistant to support their work on quantitative analysis of social media in India. This will be a one year position based in Delhi and would be ideal for someone looking to pursue pre-doctoral research or aiming to work in computational social science.
The associate would be expected to build and maintain the team’s systems for big data analysis; and support in network analysis of social media trends. While there will be strong mentorship from technical members on the team, the associate should be able to lead work independently.
- A four year degree in computer science or allied fields. Candidates with a masters in addition to a three year bachelor’s degree may also apply.
- Some industry experience is valued.
- Strong foundations in data structures and algorithms. Coursework or projects in graph theory, network protocols preferred.
- Self-motivated. Comfortable with open ended questions with some experience in scoping down problems.
- Experience in data scraping and network analysis.
The salary is competitive and would be based on qualification and work experience. The associate would be working in a cross-disciplinary team alongside established researchers.
Shortlisted candidates will be assigned a paid one-two week project. The final decision would be based on their performance in the project.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer