This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
pykih is a 5+ year old data design studio. We design and build purpose-designed interfaces on top of data and content to facilitate understanding of complex topics, make people better at what they do, and solve relevant problems. Our software has been used by 70+ brands from across 7 countries. These include Microsoft, FirstPost, UNDP, Oxfam India, NarendraModi, ICICI Lombard, Fusion Charts, etc.
We are known to hire young, hungry talent and transform them into highly focused, multi-disciplinary experts who problem solve. In 2013, we took 9 months and 72 interviews to hire the first 3 employees, who turned out to be college dropouts and ex-entrepreneurs. We are not looking for formal degrees. Instead, we look for creators who deeply care about problem-solving with design and algorithms. Most graduates from pykih have seen financial growth of 2x to 8x, joined leading companies like Fractal Analytics, Embibe, Wikimedia Foundation, have founded their own companies and even joined MBA programs at Ivy League schools like Yale.
From March 2017 until August 2018, we were implementing a product discovery contract for ICFJ.org (Washington DC-based International Centre for Journalists). The product discovered eventually got hived off as an independent company — PROTO and a majority of our team moved to PROTO as equity holders. We are now restarting pykih ground up from Delhi as a woman first (50%+ female workforce) technology, design, and content studio.
We are looking for someone to join our Frontend Development team.
- You should have experience building scalable (10 million+ uniques per month), consumer-grade front-end using ReactJS in domains like news, e-commerce, and SAAS
- You have a solid understanding of Amazon web services like Cloudfront, Server Side Rendering, and Lambda Edge
- You understand how to minimize initial page payload and load time using methods like lazy loading
- You can optimize components for maximum performance across multiple devices and browsers
- You are passionate about code quality, extensibility, and simple architecture design
- You have a strong understanding of HTML and CSS
- You are interested in Math and algorithm-heavy work
- You have an eye for design and detail (pixel perfect)
- You understand the importance of excellent documentation, have strong written and oral communication skills
- You have approximately 3-5 years of experience doing above
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer