This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
pykih is a 5+ year old data design studio. We design and build purpose-designed interfaces on top of data and content to facilitate understanding of complex topics, make people better at what they do, and solve relevant problems. Our software has been used by 70+ brands from across 7 countries. These include Microsoft, FirstPost, UNDP, Oxfam India, NarendraModi, ICICI Lombard, Fusion Charts, etc.
We are known to hire young, hungry talent and transform them into highly focused, multi-disciplinary experts who problem solve. In 2013, we took 9 months and 72 interviews to hire the first 3 employees, who turned out to be college dropouts and ex-entrepreneurs. We are not looking for formal degrees. Instead, we look for creators who deeply care about problem-solving with design and algorithms. Most graduates from pykih have seen financial growth of 2x to 8x, joined leading companies like Fractal Analytics, Embibe, Wikimedia Foundation, have founded their own companies and even joined MBA programs at Ivy League schools like Yale.
From March 2017 until August 2018, we were implementing a product discovery contract for ICFJ.org (Washington DC-based International Centre for Journalists). The product discovered eventually got hived off as an independent company — PROTO and a majority of our team moved to PROTO as equity holders. We are now restarting pykih ground up from Delhi as a woman first (50%+ female workforce) technology, design, and content studio.
We are looking for someone to join our Frontend Development team.
- You have deep experience in designing detailed wireframes with clear user journeys, information architecture, interaction flow, and interaction model, user flows/process flows.
- You are highly skilled in designing low and hi-fidelity mockups to effectively conceptualize and communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors
- You have experience with dynamic prototyping or clickable modeling tools.
- You have extensive experience using advanced Photoshop, Sketch and Illustrator
- You have a deep understanding of design principles including typography, iconography, mobile-first and responsive design
- You have strong design fundamentals in grids, color theory, fonts and layouts
- You can sketch and present UX concepts and behaviors with paper sketches, wireframes, task/workflows, simple working prototypes, or whatever form best communicates your ideas.
- You can produce high-quality visual designs: from concept to execution, including those for desktop, web, and mobile devices at a variety of resolutions that work in modern browsers
- You have a strong ability to understand a product’s vision, perform competitive analysis and research for projects
- You can communicate and influence design decisions
- You are extremely detail-oriented down to pixel-perfect implementation.
- You have approximately 3-5 years of experience doing above.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer