This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
pykih is a 5+ year old information design agency. We design and build purpose-designed interfaces on top of data and content to facilitate understanding of complex topics, make people better at what they do, and solve relevant problems. Our software has been used by 70+ brands from across 7 countries. These include Microsoft, FirstPost, UNDP, Oxfam India, NarendraModi, ICICI Lombard, Fusion Charts, etc.
We hire young, hungry talent and transform them into highly focused, multi-disciplinary creators who can problem solve using design, data and algorithms. Typically after 2-3 years at pykih, our ex-employees see 1.5x-8x financial growth in their subsequent jobs, join leading companies like Fractal Analytics, Embibe, Wikimedia Foundation, found their own company and one even got into Yale’s MBA program (Ivy League School).
From March 2017 until August 2018, we were implementing a product discovery contract for ICFJ.org (Washington DC-based International Centre for Journalists). The product discovered eventually got hived off as an independent company — PROTO and our co-founder and a majority of our team moved to PROTO. We are now restarting pykih ground up from Delhi as a women-first (50%+ female workforce) technology, design, and content studio.
About the role:
We’re looking for an exceptional UX/UI designer to join our Frontend Development team. You will be building designs for information sites, visualizations, blogs, etc. Your concepts of mobile-first, adaptive design and mobile responsive should be clear. You are extremely detail-oriented down to pixel-perfect implementation. Expect to spend 20-30% of your time reading and training on design.
Given a project, you are able to:
- Understand a product’s vision, perform competitive analysis and research for projects.
- Sketch the concept on paper.
- Design clear user journeys, information architecture, interaction flow and interaction model, user flows/process flows via user interviews.
- Build detailed wireframes (tool: Balsamiq)
- Design the UI (grids, color theory, fonts, typography, iconography and layouts) and implement mockups (tool: Sketch)
- Assemble the mockups into dynamic prototyping or clickable modeling tools. (tool: Figma)
- Communicate and influence design decisions
- Code out the mock-ups in HTML5, CSS3
- Prior experience at a well-established design agency
- Female candidate
- Avid reader
Experience — 3 to 5 years
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer