Frontend Software Engineer (React)
Posted by Akshay Murthy
PromoHunt is on a mission to make work in the promotional products industry simpler, more pleasant and productive. Our core product is an eCommerce platform that helps promotional product distributors easily launch and manage online stores that delight customers with branded merchandise.
We are searching for a 5th person to join PromoHunt as a frontend software engineer and help take our mission and eCommerce platform to the next level.
In this role, you will be responsible for all of our eCommerce Storefront and Admin user interfaces. We are customizing an open-source headless e-commerce platform called Spree Commerce to provide functionality similar to Shopify, but tailored to our industry and the needs of promotional product distributors. For example, our platform has integrations with industry suppliers, print on demand manufacturers, and industry ERP software.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with backend engineers, product managers, designers, and our founder
- Write clean, maintainable, well-tested, and performant code that improves our code base in meaningful ways
- Fix bugs fast and take your time to solve hard problems well
Who you are:
- 4+ years of experience building React applications professionally. Most of our web applications are built using NextJS, so experience with NextJS and server side rendering will be a bonus.
- Experience with automated testing across the stack - unit tests, integration tests, and user acceptance tests
- Experience building with security & performance
- Experience with other parts of the web application stack - databases, backend engineering, infrastructure
- Able to balance user experience, code quality, and delivery
- Clear, friendly, and open-minded communicator (over email, in person, via carrier pigeon!)
- Curiosity and passion to constantly learn new tools and technologies and where they may fit in our platform
- Experience in the e-commerce industry
- Experience in the promotional products industry
Some benefits and perks of working at PromoHunt:
- Competitive compensation (salary + stock appreciation rights)
- Flexible vacation policy
- International team meetups (Beach in Thailand; June 2022)
- And more—just ask!
PromoHunt was founded in 2017 with a mission to make work in the promotional products industry simpler, more pleasant and productive. In 2022, we launched and began marketing our new eCommerce platform, which helps distributors easily launch and manage online stores that delight customers with branded merchandise.
Over 4,000 sales representatives use our software products at work daily and interact with our products more than 1 million times per year. We have partnered with over 35 distributor organizations that do more than $2.4 billion in annual revenue.
We’re a growing, all-remote team located across the world.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer