This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Back End Developer
Posted by Pipehaul (@pipehaul)
Introduction: We at Pipehaul are building a business around bundling long haul logistics. By bundle, we are not just looking at aggregation of multiple orders of the same commodity, we are also bundling across commodities, supply chains and source-destination combinations.
We are building an intuitive and usable product to aid us in this endeavour. This is where you come in, we are looking for an individual who can join us in venturing and building the scope of what a product can achieve.
The tools and technologies we use:
- Our frontend is built on React
- Our backend is written in Python
- Data is stored in MongoDB
- Runs on AWS - EC2, S3, CloudFront
- GitHub for source control
The way we work
- Fully remote and distributed team
- 6 week iterations to work on 2 epics
- Product team explains the problem, the scope, and the why
- The engineering team is given leeway to solve problems, define feature work for the iterations, and define the definition of done
- Product and engineering teams develop features collaboratively during the iteration
- We have an active advisory board comprising of Sr. Engineering folks helping our development team overcome challenges and guide them across a breadth of issues and topics.
The role and your responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the infrastructure and backend across all of our products: Pipehaul, subjimandi and marketing assets
- You will work with a frontend developer and designer to quickly iterate product features
- Work on all aspects of product development including:
- Database modelling and management,
- Building APIs, and
- Integrating with 3rd party services
- At least 2 years of professional experience in software development
- Proficiency in software development fundamentals such as data structures and algorithms, complexity analysis, and problem solving
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science is a plus
- Working in a distributed or remote team is a plus
About the Company and Product
We are small company that is pre-product market fit. We are driven by a clear thesis and have a vision to build. Our product needs to be iterated in quick succession as we get to learn more and more about the inner workings of the sector.
You can know more about our ethos and business we function :
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer