As a QA Software Engineer, you will be involved throughout the development lifecycle of the PDG team with particular responsibility in the quality assurance of software development and deployment with emphasis on development and implementation of tests scripts and automated tests.
You will be working closely with developers as they develop code to ensure requirements are being met and to the correct quality, and you will conduct automated (and manual tests where necessary) to ensure the software created is fit for purpose. During testing you will be thinking “outside of the box” to understand the various scenarios and configurations that customers use to ensure customer quality is maintained and through doing so drive regression testing across the products.
You will be responsible for defining and driving innovative automated testing strategies and toolsets into our overall development processes that support and enhance the current Quality Assurance processes.
1. Key accountabilites & responsibilities
- Work as part of cross functional, passionate agile project teams to ensure quality is driven into the heart of the development process from requirements definition through to delivery designing, developing and supporting frameworks for our test infrastructure and providing automation expertise to our development teams.
- Contributing toward predictable delivery of quality releases Research, recommend and implement tools as needed with the goal of increasing automation.
- Proactively bringing issues and problems to the attention of the team; generating, proposing and implementing innovative solutions to solve them.
- Be meticulous about documentation and maintaining a robust log of all test cases and test results.
- Ensure that all tests are executed and give regular feedback to the team lead on the status of quality.
- Use appropriate measures and KPIs to validate and report on software quality.
- Work closely with the senior software QA, Product Management and Technical Operations as well as business users and Senior Management, as required.
- Be a creative thinker who can quickly identify and test for functional ‘edge cases’ outside of expected functionality workflow.
- Have the drive to become an expert in: Unit testing, UX Testing, and Integration testing of APIs, Performance and scalability testing and Security Penetration Testing.
2. Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Thorough understanding of SDLC, specifically automated QA processes in agile development environments.
- Experience in writing, executing and monitoring manual and automated test suites using a variety of technologies including, but not limited to, Cucumber, Selenium, SoapUI.
- Proficient with bug tracking and test management toolsets to support development processes.
- Experience in working with relational databases such as SQL.
- Some knowledge of Unix/Linux working within continuous delivery/continuous release pipeline processes.
- Testing enterprise applications deployed to cloud environments such as AWS.
- Experience mentoring staff and end users on quality objectives and testing processes.
- Understanding of coding enterprise applications within Java, Python, C# and other languages.
- Understanding of mobile app testing and implementation of automated test suites using Xamarin, Appium or any other preferred tools.
- ISTQB or certified degree level qualifications in a technical related subject SaaS experience.
- Proactive 'self-starter' attitude Lifelong learner - thrives from developing and sharing knowledge.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer