This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Total years of Experience: 2+ years
Paper Plane is trying to find a talented & diligent Systems Administrator for our Mumbai office, to take care of our IT systems and make sure that they run with optimal performance and security.
What we expect:
- Server Management: Configure and Manage LDAP Server, Web Server, Data Storage, Databases & App Servers.
- Cloud Server Management: Setting up AWS EC2 Servers and other Services.
- Desktop Management: Setup, Maintenance & Support of employee Machines Mac & Windows machines including installation of browsers, Anti-Virus, Email Clients & other software (through remote Connection or otherwise)
- Network Maintenance: Setup and Manage Network Devices like Firewalls, Wireless Access Points & Routers.
- Secure Domains & Email Management.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform Data Backups & Recovery.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Apply OS patches and software upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Configure / add new services, as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Manage Infrastructure Provisioning including Onboarding & Off boarding of employees.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues/tickets raised by employees and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Co-ordinate with the 3rd Party Vendors, Office Admin, Employees and Management, as per the standard operating procedures to ensure uninterrupted system operations
- Reporting: Regular Reporting of Key Metrics and Activities
- Asset Management: Maintain Hardware Inventories, Software Inventories & Licenses.
- What's in it for you:
- You will be part of a dynamic technology team, which is committed to continuous evolution using modern tools & Infrastructure.
- You will be able to keep up-to-date with the latest trends, learn new concepts & implement them.
- You get to participate in and create workshops to expose new technologies to the team in the form of intra-department ‘Fundae’ presentations.
- You will have opportunities to set up development and deployment environments & CI pipelines in projects for our Global Clients.
You’ll be a good fit if you have:
- 2+ Years of Experience in Server and Network Management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Good Knowledge of Apple Macintosh Administration.
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification.
- Experience in managing AWS or any Cloud Infrastructure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to pick up new concepts, research and recommend innovative approaches for system administration tasks.
A few extra brownie points for experience in:
- Load Balancing, DR & Failover Architectures.
- Setting up CI/CD Pipeline.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer