This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
We, at Orotron, have been working in the space of e-commerce, health, education & FMCG for the past 5 years. We have started working on mobile applications from Jan 2018 and we are growing at 300% month on month.
A few highlights of our journey
- Started with two members, we are now a team of 12 with a couple of them based out of the USA
- We do not have a marketing team to bag projects. 100% of our business is referral based and yes, we are proud of it. The sad part is we were able to handle only 65% of the leads that we were referred to in the last 6 months.
- We ventured into Digital Marketing 3 months ago upon the advice of one of our valuable clients. We are still in the pilot mode but have clocked revenues of more than 3 Lakhs per month. We are gearing up to work with a huge US Health Company in the very near future.
- Started working on Mobile Apps from Jan 2018 and we are already lined up with projects for the next 2 years. And the good part is the owners of a few premium apps are so convinced with our skills that we are offered equities.
- Our team comprises of Doctors, Engineers & Artists. Everybody in the team is Self Taught & Self Disciplined.
- Besides a good number of promotional websites & portals, we have built 20+ Web/Mobile applications till date and most of them were successful. A couple of them got funded by the likes of Bain Capital & Blume Ventures.
Our vision is to transform from a Service based company into a full-fledged Product based company within the next two years. So besides building products for our clients, we will keep working on a couple of our ideas as well.
We are looking for an Android Developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. The developer will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications. The role will require some flexibility in roles across architecture, development and testing. The role will provide ample growth and full exposure to all aspects of the platform. Compensation will be market-linked and you will benefit from the tremendous growth that the company is going through.
- Work in an agile team of 12 software engineers, doctors, digital marketers and product owners
- Assess and communicate how your work impacts business and other systems
- Write and test clean, secure and scalable features and services
- Solve non-trivial coding and architecture problems with simple and innovative solutions
- Experience in building scalable Android apps from scratch and building on top of existing codebases.
- Minimum of 1 year’s hands-on experience in building, testing and maintaining mobile apps in Android with significant real customer downloads
- Good Knowledge of Java & Design Principles
- Strong Knowledge of Google Maps and Play Services
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Strong knowledge of UI design principles & patterns
- Expertise in performance & security issues- offline storage, threading, performance tuning
- Proficiency in the open-source Android ecosystem and common libraries
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Understanding of programming fundamentals and their application to highly scalable web-based systems
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Knowledge of Retrofit, Dagger & RxJava would be a plus
We will be happy to see
- Links to the apps you have worked upon
- Blogs/Websites that you regularly read/follow
- Source Code Snippets that you're proud of
- Any other shreds of evidence of your passion for building great software
Compensation: Rs. 8 Lakh - Rs. 10 Lakh + ESOPs
Work Exp: Min 1 Year (Full Time)
Education: Bachelors Degree from Premier Engineering Colleges
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer
Welcome to Hasjob!
Since 2011, Hasjob has been the place for Indian tech startups to list job opportunities. This is where startups hire before they become big and famous rocketships. All jobs on Hasjob are posted directly by founders or core team members. We do not accept listings from third-party recruiters.
Apply to a job here to join the startup scene in Bangalore, Delhi/NCR, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad or one of the many other cities.
You can browse all jobs posted in the last 30 days, but logging in is recommended to make the most of Hasjob. Your identity is safe with us.