This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Junior level Data Science & Engineering
Posted by OpsMx (@opsmxinfo)
Data Science Machine Learning Intern
Opsmx is a stealth mode startup with offices in silicon valley and India. Opsmx brings application QoS and Reliability to virtualized data centers and cloud environments. Opsmx’s team has expertise in virtualized data centers, real-time analytics and distributed applications, and consists of seasoned executives who made fundamental contributions to the Internet. We are backed by a top-tier cloud and telecom provider.
Core-Team has B.Tech (CS) Degrees from IIT, Advanced Degrees from Stanford and have been awarded over 70 Patents.
- Have strong interest or background in statistics
- Have Initiative, self-motivation and drive
- Have great attention to detail combined with the ability to prioritize and meet aggressive deadlines
- Love working in a unstructured, startup environment, and are craving for the challenges it brings
- Work with leading network modeling
- Collaborate with the Data Science team to build domain specific algorithms
- Collect, analyze and experiment to analyze effectiveness and efficiency of algorithms
- Implement the algorithms developed, preferably in Java, SQL or R
- Participate in brainstorming efforts that impact team projects and solve a specific business problem
- Currently enrolled in a full-time Master’s program in Computer Science
- Strong background in machine learning algorithms and statistical analysis
- Must be familiar with disciplines such as
Conceptual Modeling - be able to articulate modelling
Machine Learning - using computers to develop models and improve algorithms
Natural Language Processing - interaction between computers and humans
Predictive Modeling - conceptualize models that can predict outcomes outside experimental data
Hypothesis Testing - develop hypotheses and test them with careful experiments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in large scale software development a plus.
You will work on the cutting edge of tools in Statistics and Data Science. You will enjoy the flexibility of work hours as long as you can have your work done :)
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer