This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Posted by Smitha
You will work closely with Subject Matter Experts to revise existing documentation and write new content for new product features.
- Write clear, concise, and complete step-by-step procedures for technical products and solutions.
- Gathering information independently based on high-level design and test plan documents, installed software tools, engineering design meetings and busy, distributed engineers.
- Creating architecture, flow, and process diagrams to increase the visual/graphical content in existing text-heavy documentation.
- Managing the review process for revised and new content, with a team of Subject Matter Experts. Collaborate with other team members on projects to ensure consistency.
- Meet all deadlines with high quality.
- Analyze existing and potential content for existing and new information deliverables, focusing on reuse and filtered single-sourcing opportunities.
- As information models and standards are refined, work with existing information to refactor and restructure the content to conform to the new requirements.
- Generate Customer Documentation as HTML (Web Page) and PDF from development documents available so far.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in Technical Communications, Telecom products or similar.
- 5+ years writing documentation for telecom, networking, cloud-based products or similar.
- Portfolio showing a variety of user and developer documentation.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English.
- Strong technical skills with ability to quickly learn how the system works.
- Experience writing topic-based documentation in a given environment with version control, CMS, and CCMS systems, XML authoring tools.
- Enthusiasm for learning new things.
- Experience with the following skills a plus: Product testing, Functional Testing, System Testing
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams across multiple sites.
- Flexibility: Adapts to management priorities. Responds to higher priority concerns. Maintains momentum even during changes. Proposes ways to lessen impact on previously assigned tasks.
- Initiative: Shows eagerness to learn new assignments and helps identify opportunities to improve information products and the procedures for creating them.
- Interpersonal Skills: Communicates and cooperates with peers on the work team and product developers. Keeps project leader, manager, or mentor informed.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer