This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Software Development Engineer - II (NodeJS + Typescript)
Posted by Aman
NorthLadder, headquartered in Dubai, is region’s fastest growing digital platform that enables frictionless trade of pre-owned electronics.
Most of us know what it feels like to sell a pre-owned device - be it a smartphone, a laptop or a tablet. The fact is that the pre-owned market is intransparent and finding a fair price for your asset is daunting. Even if you do get a fair price, the inconvenience of meeting the buyer, negotiating the price, shipping the asset, and waiting for payment could be an exhausting process. And then there is the worry of figuring out what happens to the data on your device. This is why NorthLadder came to be. We are the region’s only auction-driven selling platform for pre-owned electronics devices- a thoughtfully created service where people can sell their devices to a network of global buyers and get cash instantly in a safe, dignified, and hassle-free manner.
About the role
As an ideal candidate you are expected to be a problem solver, and have solid experience and knowledge in NodeJS & Typescript.
Our Tech Stack
NodeJS, TypeScript, Microservices, MongoDB, AWS, AWS SQS, and Kubernetes
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Production experience with web development. Specifically with NodeJS & TypeScript
- Solid understanding of how Event Loop works in Nodejs
- Solid and strong practical knowledge of document-oriented databases, specifically MongoDB.
- Experience building and scaling back end systems on cloud infrastructure
- Care deeply about product experience and are driven to put great products in the hands of users
What will you do?
- Write good code, lot of code
- Write automated test coverage (Unit, integration, E2E, and functional tests)
- Code review and ensure code compliance with design patterns and the organization’s coding standard
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer