Job Title: Product Engineer/Sr. Product Engineer – .NET
About Nivaata Systems
Nivaata Systems is a venture funded, Bangalore based, Location Intelligence company. Our Location Intelligence platform, Verayu, allows us to rapidly build and deliver enterprise mobility solutions over the cloud. With these solutions Nivaata Systems is changing the way modern enterprises integrate location intelligence into their business processes. At Nivaata we believe in creating technology for the future and this is reflected in the 7 patents we have. Our products have been well received in the market enabling us to grow at a whirlwind pace over the past two years (we grew from a 3-member founding team to an 85+ member team in the last 3 years with offices across Bangalore, Gurgaon and Chennai)
At present, we have built two products on the Verayu platform:
- Routematic – A cloud based employee transport ERP system which is deployed in multiple large-scale organizations across the country
- FieldView – A cloud based mobile workforce management solution which is well deployed in multiple organizations across multiple countries
The founding team at Nivaata is drawn from premier institutions like IISc, ISB and IIM with over 50 years of collective experience.
The product engineer will work in a team environment in the design and execution of web and mobile products. We are looking for a self-starter who is excited to learn and improve his or her skillset in the ever-evolving medium of the web and mobile. The ideal candidate will be a thinker who understands why writing optimized and well organized code is important for an application to play out well. A coder par excellence who displays an undying passion for achieving the perfection in his/her work and is not afraid to question the existing product requirements/design to make it even better.
- Translate requirements and implement product features to perfection using Microsoft technology stack.
- Deliver best-in-class code across a broad array of interactive web and mobile products
- Develop and test across multiple browsers and platforms.
- Serve as a thought leader on the product feature related issues.
- Work on continuous improvement of the products through innovation and learning. Someone with a knack for benchmarking and optimization.
- Work as a team player and make Nivaata’s work culture even more awesome
- Minimum 5 years of programming experience in Microsoft .NET technologies with a focus on web.
- Prior experience working on high visibility, high traffic web application will be an advantage.
- Prior experience of working in a product company would be an advantage
- BE/B. Tech from IITs/Top NITs/Tier-One schools or any graduate with a PG in IT/CS
- Engineering Degree preferable but not a constraint for the right candidate as long as experience and other qualification requirements are met.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft .NET web stack programming including C#, ASP.NET, MVC 4+, MSSQL Server and RESTful APIs
- Expert knowledge of frameworks such as Web API, WCF, MVC, Entity Framework, etc. and an excellent understanding of data structures, threading, and performance tuning.
- Sound Knowledge of latest Architecture trends, Design Patterns and Object Oriented Programming Concepts
- Expert understanding of Common Language Runtime (CLR), its limitations, weaknesses, workarounds and the fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Excellent knowledge of database programming using MS SQL Server 2008 +
- Knowledge of Angular JS, Node JS, Websockets, RabbitMQ and Cloud Messaging Frameworks (PUSH) will be a plus
- Good understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, BitBucket, Mercurial, SVN, etc. and familiarity with continuous integration
- Soft Skills: Strong communication and inter-personal skills. Ability to work in a fast paced, high energy environment.
Best in the industry and not a constraint for the right candidate.