This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Ruby on Rails developer
Posted by Ram Senthil
8Fresh Technologies (https://netfresh.app) is an Australia headquartered trading platform for fresh produce that is disrupting an industry mostly untouched by technology end-to-end, from growers to end consumers. We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well. You will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our web and mobile applications. We are working on a very exciting product roadmap which we are sure you will enjoy working on. An enthusiasm for problem-solving, debugging, and working the startup life will help you thrive in our team.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Resque
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processors
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Familiarity with development aiding tools
- Familiarity with continuous integration
Our Core Values
- Quick Learner
- Risk Taking
- Great opportunity to grow with one of Australia’s fast-growing Agri-tech focused company.
- Great supportive and fun loving team.
- Energetic, highly skilled, passionate & fun work culture.
- Importantly you will get compensated international standards and quarterly raise for meeting KPIs.
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer