This post is over 30 days old. The position may no longer be available
Who You are
- You have around 1-4 years of work experience, preferably in product development
- You are a problem solver and use programming language or frameworks as tools
- You have good grasp on computer science fundamentals
- You are good with Data Structures and Algorithms
- You like learning new technologies and look for feedback to improve yourself
- You are not afraid of going outside your comfort zone
- You truly believe that testing your code is your responsibility
- You understand what it take to write good quality production ready code
What We expect from you
- Prior experience building and managing REST APIs for large-scale distributed systems. We deal with millions of transactions a day, so demonstration of experience handling such scale in your past experience will be critical.
- You are comfortable with a distributed async architecture and are aware of the challenges that come with ensuring reliability at scale. Have you had a time when things don’t go according to “the plan”? Tell us more about how you figured it out.
- You have worked with multiple DB technologies - noSQL, RDBMS, Graph, etc. Better yet, you’ve built an adapter? Show us!
- Secure by Design - yeah? Good. Given the type of data we deal with, this is an extremely important aspect of what we do.
- Performance - You do know that processing millions of transactions has a cost and you know your way around projecting the cost of being functionally complete and performance bottlenecks.
- Impact - You care about making a difference. And it shows in your work, in your approach. Tell us all about it, we love people that care deeply about something.
- A passion for building world-class software, combined with a vision to think big. Like really big.
- Contribute to Open Source - You have a Github/Bitbucket profile and have something we can talk about when we chat.
What you’ll do
- Work with stakeholders to add definition to project requirements
- Assess scope and build recommendations for Minimum Viable Product
- Work with engineering and project managers to define project timelines
- Analyze requirements, create and document component/system designs
- Implement features and functionality with clean and maintainable code
- Take pride in software quality through rigorous functional testing and writing automated unit tests
- Ensure appropriate metrics, monitoring, and logging are in place, in short responsible for taking requirements to deployment
- Participate in on-call rotations, bug fixing, and on-going tuning and improvements
Apply for this position
Login with Google or GitHub to see instructions on how to apply. Your identity will not be revealed to the employer.
It is NOT OK for recruiters, HR consultants, and other intermediaries to contact this employer